CBR1100XX.org Forum

exhaust

SGT Ski

Say you had a line on a brand new Leo Vince stainless steel oval exhaust for 580 all in would you go for it over the Blue flame dual outlet ovals? My blue flame came in damaged and had to be returned and I have a 2 month wait for new ones their on back order so would you go for the Leo Vince or wait?

It's winter, I'd wait. If I ever buy new cans they will be the Blue Flames

Ok Brett I'll bite why?

I've only seen one set in the flesh... Yours, well Demons at the time :icon_wink:

I also really like the removable baffles. Sometimes I like to raise hell, other times I like to be stealthy.

Valid point and the sound is awesome. At the same time so many things on the bike are going to be different so I'm kinda torn and in another couple of weeks it should be rideable if I get a warm enough day oh and I figure out how to polish a damn rim lol. I have heard that the Leo Vince have an awesome sound as well to be honest I still have thoughts about picking up those renegade high mounts.

I mean it's going to have dual headlights the hugger undertail possibly a polished frame swingarm etc. And hand painted murels (sp) lower fairings.... I'm really trying for a rebirth on the bike and a total one of kind.

First off let me tell you that you've got amazing taste! Leo Vince and Blue Flame are my two favorite exhausts.

I personally would pick the Leo Vince There is a certain status that comes along with owning LV. The sound of the leo vince is amazing, I love the deep growl that the LV's have and if its possible they have a tuned mature sound. T

he Blue Flame's sound good as well, however I dont feel the sound is quite as menacing as the LV's. but if you put on lots and lots of miles at a time the removable baffle is probibly nice to have.

if I were to do it all over again I would get Leo Vince. I think you are on the right track and either exhaust is an excellent choice. You shouldnt lose sleep over your decision no matter which you decide to go with. Leo Vince and Blue Flame are my two favorites as well.

I have had my Leo's for 4 yrs...

Only seen them on 2 other bike in person around where I live..

They sound awsome. Welds are a work of art, very well made. Very nice deep rumble and don't scream like a banshee being butt raped when your in the higher rpm's

The newer ones have a newer exhaust spout and I like that even better than mine..

Got about 17k miles on them and they are just starting to open up a bit in sound. Nothing loud, but I notice it from before so I will repack them this winter probably. I get compliments on them all the time from the sound.

post-1152-1164976610_thumb.jpg

Well shit I'm no closer to a decision now lol wonder if I could fab mid pipes to make the blue flames into high mounts?

maybe........ I know that renegade will sell you the high mount mid pipes tho.............. :icon_dance:

Well shit I'm no closer to a decision now lol wonder if I could fab mid pipes to make the blue flames into high mounts?

maybe........ I know that renegade will sell you the high mount mid pipes tho.............. :icon_dance:

Any idea on how much those mid pipes would cost?

Any idea on how much those mid pipes would cost?

for the pair and all the bits to mount them it was about 150 english pounds shipped. approx 300 bucks.

300 damn I think I'll check with an exhaust shop and see how much it would run to have some made up in stainless steel. I think it would have to be a little cheaper.