CBR1100XX.org Forum

Muffler repack

XXTi

I re-packed my Two Bros. CF cans today. I bought the kit from Two Bros. and it was a piece of cake as Staish mentioned earlier. The old packing was mostly still there, but I didn't know that until I had them apart.

The cans aren't much quieter now, but they do sound a little deeper. :icon_biggrin:

I re-packed my Two Bros. CF cans today. I bought the kit from Two Bros. and it was a piece of cake as Staish mentioned earlier. The old packing was mostly still there, but I didn't know that until I had them apart.

The cans aren't much quieter now, but they do sound a little deeper. :icon_biggrin:

TBR packing seems to last forever> I have 60,000 miles on my Vmax C-4 CF and 151,000 on my VFR C-4 with a aluminum case and never repacked. I check them occasionaly by starting up the bike and looking for any premature hot spots in the muffler as it warms up. That indicates voids in the packing.

No big deal with the aluminum case, but the CF will burn through if it has a a void and gets to hot.