CBR1100XX.org Forum

winter project!

lexxus

Well its time to put the bird away. so with that done, i want to do a couple mod's. (1). tiforce full titanium exhaust. (2). hugger.(3).air box mod(4).full front fork swap. what i need help with. what are all the parts i will need, to swap out the bird forks? To replace them with the hayabusa forks. i heard the 954 and 929 will swap out aswell, but the differents in the bikes weight, i dont think the 954 or 929's are the way togo. the busa is closer to the birds weight,so thats why i want to go that route. can anyone who has done this swap,and have a parts list,please chime in thanks. wanna get rid of the weakest link. i have hyperpro springs on now.

Well its time to put the bird away. so with that done, i want to do a couple mod's. (1). tiforce full titanium exhaust. (2). hugger.(3).air box mod(4).full front fork swap. what i need help with. what are all the parts i will need, to swap out the bird forks? To replace them with the hayabusa forks. i heard the 954 and 929 will swap out aswell, but the differents in the bikes weight, i dont think the 954 or 929's are the way togo. the busa is closer to the birds weight,so thats why i want to go that route. can anyone who has done this swap,and have a parts list,please chime in thanks. wanna get rid of the weakest link. i have hyperpro springs on now.

Did you feel the Hyperpro springs improved the fork or at all or make it perform worse?

BTW, I'm not sure the Birds fork is the weakest link, it works pretty well if in order and combined with good tyres. What I may consider being the weakest link (regarding handling), is the weight of the bike. But not to the degree that it limits the use in any way except for competitive lap times on track. If premium handling on track is the goal, it’s better to have one more bike for that purpose.

i have hyperpro springs on now.

I also changed my suspension in to Hyperpro.(rear spring and washer (5mm) and front springs with thinner oil and lowering)

I think it made a huge differnce. The XX is much stiffer and sticks better to the pavement then it used to. I would recommend it to every-one.

the weight of the bike can be lowered by mounting lighter cans. That will be my next investment.

Did you feel the Hyperpro springs improved the fork or at all or make it perform worse?

The hyperpro springs made a big difference when i did the install myself, with the 2.5oz oil. had the stealer do fork oil change at the begining of the summer, and they put in 5oz oil. they did'not have 2.5 and i could'nt wait for it tobe ordered. had a trip coming up.the 5oz oil in'st working aswell. i just want more adjustabilty. yeah iam going to a full tiforce titanium.

BTW, I'm not sure the Birds fork is the weakest link, it works pretty well if in order and combined with good tyres. What I may consider being the weakest link (regarding handling), is the weight of the bike. But not to the degree that it limits the use in any way except for competitive lap times on track. If premium handling on track is the goal, it’s better to have one more bike for that purpose.

i have hyperpro springs on now.

I also changed my suspension in to Hyperpro.(rear spring and washer (5mm) and front springs with thinner oil and lowering)

I think it made a huge differnce. The XX is much stiffer and sticks better to the pavement then it used to. I would recommend it to every-one.

the weight of the bike can be lowered by mounting lighter cans. That will be my next investment.

Thanks a lot for the encouraging info! I'll put on Hyperpro both front and rear.

I heard the 954 and 929 will swap out as well, but the differents in the bikes weight, i dont think the 954 or 929's are the way togo. the busa is closer to the birds weight,so thats why i want to go that route.

I have also heard of using RC51 front ends.

(Read that in some British bike magazine

where they wanted to de-link the brakes &

improve handling and braking).

I heard the 954 and 929 will swap out as well, but the differents in the bikes weight, i dont think the 954 or 929's are the way togo. the busa is closer to the birds weight,so thats why i want to go that route.

I have also heard of using RC51 front ends.

(Read that in some British bike magazine

where they wanted to de-link the brakes &

improve handling and braking).

Yeah OzCrow did this to his Bird recently :icon_clap: