CBR1100XX.org Forum

78 sr500 carbs

devilisht2003

OK, that makes more sense now... I couldn't picture it on the phone...

It looks to me (keep in mind that I've never messed with these particular carbs) that the (2) on the sides are to go to the carbs that would be next to it on a multi-cylinder bike, so I'd just put plugs on those (or, since fuel is coming out of both of them, you could just run a tube around the carb from one to the other?), and the one on the bottom is the bowl drain, which there should be a screw to open and close VERY close to that tube... If it doesn't work, just cap it too...

Mike

BTW, if this is easy to ride, is this going to be Kris's bike??

MIke

ok i'll do all that. its first gonna me a toy bike for me. you'll love it when you see it. it might be kris's first but its a kick start 500cc single cylinder so i dont know if she will be able to start it

ok i'll do all that. its first gonna me a toy bike for me. you'll love it when you see it. it might be kris's first but its a kick start 500cc single cylinder so i dont know if she will be able to start it

If you're still going to be around tonight, we may stop over... Like I said, all I need to do tonight is go to some gun store and pick up a magazine holster for my 639, for class next weekend... I wear an Alesse shoulder rig with 2 mags in it most of the time, so I haven't ever had to worry about a belt magazine holster, but they don't like shoulder holsters for range drills... something about pointing the weapon at everybody to your left every time you draw or something... :icon_wtf:

We can also eat at Union Jacks while we're over there... :icon_dance: mmmm... Chicago style pizza... :icon_biggrin:

Mike

sounds good i'll be here! i got the damn bike to start but it wont actully run. just started a couple times then died if i touched the throttle or dies if i let it idle.....just put new plug in it

Those holes on a Mikuni carb are usually for the overflow and if you have fuel coming out then the engine is flooding.

If the bike has been standing for a while pull the float bowels off and clean everything including float pivot and needle and seat.

Otherwise look for the obvious like leaky floats etc it is most likely from standing and a clean out will fix it.

Some bikes have hoses coming off the fitting and usually routed down in front of the swing arm pivot to take the fuel to where it can do the most good (under your rear tyre).

Do NOT run the engine with the carb flooding like this as it can cause serious damage if it gets enough fuel into the chamber to cause a hydraulic lock.

JohnS