CBR1100XX.org Forum

All Those with Hyperpro Springs

Para045

So I have finally received my 95 CBR900RR shock that I got of eBay, now I just need a spring rated for my heavy 130kg ( 300lb ) frame. After lots of checking on different threads it seems that getting one rated for my weight is the hard part, I seem to be down to either a special Eibach ERS 0600-225-1100 ( 6"x 2.25"x 1100lb ) spring that is apparently from their auto division or a Hyperpro progressive. I am waiting for the local suspension company to get me a price for the Eibach ( found one on LE engineering site but with postage and conversion she ends up at $ 260 AUD ). The Hyperpro distributor has quoted me $ 200 AUD for a Hyperpro but I am looking at 6-8 weeks wait to get one :icon_wall: Basically what I want to know is how you big guys with Hyperpro shock springs are finding them and whether I wait 8+ weeks for my shock to be done or go with the Eibach ERS ( depending on price ). BTW I like the sound of the Hyperpro progressive springs as I think they may be a bit better in the way they work in regards to my bad back ( couldn't get much worse than the stocker ) :icon_eek: I just want the opinions of some other large riders ( J Bowen, PA Pete ? ) after some time with the Hyperpro.

I'm about 185 lbs. and my wife is about 120 lbs. So that's pretty close to your weight :icon_angel: We both noticed a huge improvement in the ride. I put the HP spring on a low mileage XX shock. It rides and handles about the same wether I'm alone or two up, where with the stock spring there was a huge difference.

I just happen to have a Hyperpro for the XX that I never installed. Since I'll be installing the Wilbur I don't need it.

Is that a Hyperpro spring for a stock xx shock or a 900RR shock and what do you want for it ?