CBR1100XX.org Forum

LED FLASH RATE

kiwimack

leds flashing rate,

is there a replacement flasher unit that will work for the 97' so that I don't have to install load equalizers for the LED's flash rate?

any body know

cheers

Are you using LED's front AND rear?

yes, replaced the stock bulb with a new 1157 led ...............

edit

[attachmentid=4733]

post-2671-1162483186_thumb.jpg

A digital relay (like the Clear Alternatives one) is not responsive to how much current you use, so if you use original bulbs front and LED flashers in the reaer is no different than any other combination.

I also tried the LED-bulbs in the front, but I found out these are only visible from the right angle. How did you solve this? I am now looking for changing the clear front-lenses to be able to use emergency flashers like you see on police-cars (only orange....). These will flash in all directions, not just straight forward.....

I'll give you a review.

I used the ones from superbright LED's in the rear and had a problem you wouldn't think of. Due to the extra weight of the bulb VS. a regular bulb along with road bumps it would flicker and not be at full brightness going down the road. This was noticed by a buddy behind me at night.

I took the socket apart and stretched the springs for the contacts to try to tighten up the connection to no avail. The bulbs are just too heavy.

I'm now back to using regular bulbs. :icon_frown:

[attachmentid=4733]

I have disconnected the running lights .

I have these white/blue 1157 20 bulb LED's in my front indicators. cost me $23.49 shipped for the pair.

from here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...3669&rd=1,1

They were 'fiddley' to get in the indicator housing as they are a little wider and longer than the regular 1157's.

Work well and are as visible from the sides as well as the standard 1's.

I have blacked out my indicators (painted) ,which are the standard amber indicators. I have a little better brightness through the painted lenses as I did wit the incandescent's.

Ordered a updated flasher unit to slow the flash rate down.

I am happy with the mod, I may go with the clear alternatives and the amber 1157 LED in the future.