CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pipes

Canadian Bird

I have Two Bros. CF cans and they are getting a little loud though. I get compliments on the sound, but I may repack them this winter.

I'd like to just buy my own packing material. Has anyone bought the Two Bros. kit or done it themselves? If so, what are the dimensions of the packing blanket?

If you have the CF cans, the CF will actually start to burn a tiny bit at the ends if you don't repack them eventually. I've helped to repack cans twice and used the TBR repacking kit and it was really simple. Just drilled out the rivets, pulled off the end caps, pulled out the old (burned) packing and unwrapped it from the metal tube in the center. Had to cut the new packing to the proper length, wrap it around the center piece of metal, put back in the can and then reapply end caps and put in new rivets, which are also in the kit. It was actually really easy and I'm not at all mechanically inclined, though I'm learning. Which reminds me, I need to repack mine. Ugh! Really, it's not hard, it's just a pain in the ass. :icon_wink: