CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ventura luggage

KCBIRD

I'm considering replace my soft saddlebags with the Ventura rack pack and I know a couple of board members have owned it. Can anyone give me some input?

Thanks, Ken

I have it and really like it. Good quality. Very convenient. No rubbing on the paint. It holds the bag so solid, there is absolutely no shifting of the weight, so you can't even tell it's back there.

I got the kit from AZMotorsports.com.

http://store.yahoo.com/azmotorsports/venso...ofpaclug15.html

Cheaper than direct from Ventura. It's under $300 for the mounts, pack rack, regular rack, and 45L bag.

You really need all that as a minimum. That bag holds a lot of stuff. I would like to maybe add one of the smaller 34L bags to zip to it.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Ken, i just seen this post. The Ventura system is truely awesome!!!!

It doesn't move around, scratch your paint and is very, very convient to take off and on!!!

I have the sport rack and pack, plus i have the touring setup with 2, 45L bags that zip together. I got mine off of ebay, i think for around $150 bucks!! I think what i have costs well over $300 bucks.

It is also very aerodynamic.

Thanks guys,

I ordered the Ventura setup last Thursday. I'm going on a trip in a couple of weeks with some buddies and can't wait to try it.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a ventura system for the five years I've ha my bike. It bolts on very easily into the tail and looks neat. However, the bag material leave much to be desired bere. Easily get holes in the stress spots and lost the whole bag even though it was tied on correctly!

When the bag is totally worn out I'll combine with a dri-rider or r-jays pack instead.

• 3 weeks later...
and lost the whole bag even though it was tied on correctly!

How in the world did you lose a bag with this system? I can't help but be a little sceptical of your installation. I've drug my packs all across the country and never even come close to losing one, or getting holes in them for that matter :)... and the holes don't count if it's because it went skidding down the interstate at 130mph!