CBR1100XX.org Forum

Yoshimura RS3 4-2-1

lois

Just looking to see who else is running this system on their Bird, Mines an 01, and after installing it, I noticed my mileage drop/ running rich.

Put a PCIII on , really good power, but still bad mileage. Anyone else have this problem?

Just looking to see who else is running this system on their Bird, Mines an 01, and after installing it, I noticed my mileage drop/ running rich.

Put a PCIII on , really good power, but still bad mileage. Anyone else have this problem?

I've got the same phenomen on my GSX R1000 as expected, more power means the engine burns more fuel if you use the extra power.

I'm running the same system with a custom map done on a dyno. Stock air filter and active PAIR system so it may not be perfect map. I have no "before" comparison since I had the pipe put on from day 1 and 2/10ths miles at the stealership. I average 36 or 37 mpg and I know it is running fairly rich from really carbon coated exhaust tip.

Have had the same setup since day one with a K&N airfilter on a 2000, I get 36-39 mpg. I'm in Denver so everything runs rich due to lack of oxygen.

Did you have it dyno tuned? If not, that might be your answer.

Jeff

Did you have it dyno tuned? If not, that might be your answer.

Jeff

Yes, the XX will visit the PC tuning center this coming March in Vegas when I'm on my yearly desert run.

Can anyone tell me what I can expect (ball park) to pay to have this bike set up?

Edit > as for gas milage, I have lost about 70 miles on my range since installing my yosh system

'02, full yoshi, k&n, pcIII here...

Can outer tip ring has coating of black (cleaned annually), my stock oem setup had about the same coating.

Don't check mpg (but then again i didn't buy it for mpg), but gut feel is down a couple, but probably due more to riding yoshi flavor harder at higher rpm. Ya gotta luv that tune when she's on da hump :icon_dance:

For reference, I got 199.8 miles (including coasting distance to a complete stop) on the one tank that i did check :icon_doh:

'02, full yoshi, k&n, pcIII here...

Can outer tip ring has coating of black (cleaned annually), my stock oem setup had about the same coating.

Don't check mpg (but then again i didn't buy it for mpg), but gut feel is down a couple, but probably due more to riding yoshi flavor harder at higher rpm. Ya gotta luv that tune when she's on da hump :icon_dance:

For reference, I got 199.8 miles (including coasting distance to a complete stop) on the one tank that i did check :icon_doh:

Thanks for the info...as it stands I'm getting around 160mile per tank

I would be happy to send you a copy of my custom map for the PCIII. It was done locally at a shop using a Dynojet dyno and I believe the technician was pretty good at working the numbers. Base elevation was about 2800' above sea level and temps were running in the 70 degree range that week. Drop me a PM with an email address that can receive a .djm file as an attachment if you want it.

*edit* my bike is an '03 in case you were wondering

Carb is going to be different, of course, but mine went up a little with proper jetting. The 4-2-1 is a huge difference on the carby 'birds. Gets rid of the midrange flat spot. My mileage went down when I started dicking around with the sprokets, but certainly not with the exhaust.