CBR1100XX.org Forum

Light up front turn indicators????

Metzi

Hi all, I have just seen the NEXXT 05 and I noticed that there where several Blackbirds with the front turn indicators illuminated, could someone indicate to me how that is done.

I think it looks trick and it’s not very common down here.

Great viewing by the way, you guys really know how to party.

All US spec Birds have 1157 front Signal bulbs, dual filament

The Euro spec Birds have 1156, single filament

Funny many (like me) put a piece of electrical tape over one of the contacts on the bulb to get rid of the running light. I think it makes the Blinking signal more visable. On and off verses On and brighter on.

Funny many (like me) put a piece of electrical tape over one of the contacts on the bulb to get rid of the running light. I think it makes the Blinking signal more visable. On and off verses On and brighter on.

Ok I get it, I remember when I was in Hawaii there where many cars that had their indicators illuminated, so that is a standard thing over there? I always thought it was a personal choice modification. I like it. Thanks for the info lads.

John,

Honda already thoguht of that. On the US bikes (at least my 2003), when you activate a turn signal, it extinguishes the front running lamp on that side while the blinker is blinking. So it is not on and brighter on, it is always on-off when blinking. Check it out.

Ok I get it, I remember when I was in Hawaii there where many cars that had their indicators illuminated, so that is a standard thing over there? I always thought it was a personal choice modification. I like it. Thanks for the info lads.

yes, I think that current DOT law states that all new vehicles must have some sort of daytime running lamp. Some use the indicator lamps, some use high beams at 1/2 voltage, some use dedicated lamps.

yes, I think that current DOT law states that all new vehicles must have some sort of daytime running lamp. Some use the indicator lamps, some use high beams at 1/2 voltage, some use dedicated lamps.

It's not a US law or DOT requirement; it's up to the manufacurer. GM & associated manufacturers' products have daylight running lights, but most others do not.

I'd like to know more about turning my running lights OFF. I have some high dollar chrome plated squid bulbs and I want to show em off. Does it matter which button on the bulb must be coverd in order to turn the running lamps off or will either button do?

I'd like to know more about turning my running lights OFF. I have some high dollar chrome plated squid bulbs and I want to show em off. Does it matter which button on the bulb must be coverd in order to turn the running lamps off or will either button do?

It matters what one, I haven't checked mine to see what one is what.

You have a 50/50 chance, cover one contact with black tape, turn on the key if it still lights you got the wrong one.

You have a 50/50 chance, cover one contact with black tape, turn on the key if it still lights you got the wrong one.

+1

that is what I did. Be sure to check before re-installing lens !!! :icon_wink:

So, then, what do you do next...... :icon_wave:

:icon_biggrin:

Why on earth would you want to turn off your running lites? :icon_duh: If you drove a Mercedes and other vehicles would you do the same? :icon_nono: Just curious.

Of couse I would! I remember in 1998 I think it was when Chevy put running lights on the corvette people threw a fit. They said Its a corvette I dont need running lights to draw attention. I feel the same about the XX it will look cleaner without em, and if you dont see me coming with my headlight on, and hear me coming with the 2Bros exhaust your certainly not going to recoginize me because of the two little orange lights.