CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fork Sag

99Birdman

I've been running about 34mm sag on my forks since installing the Wilburs springs. I am preparing to send the forks off to Dan Kyle for rework and was talking to him on the phone today to get everything worked out as to what he would be doing. The topic of sag came up and he said 35 was way to little and recommended 40mm. Is anyone running this much sag?

I know Dan knows his stuff and many on here swear by his work

I've been running about 34mm sag on my forks since installing the Wilburs springs.

Stock forks to date?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying... how are "setting" sag on these?

Swapping out different spacers, or..... :icon_think:

When I installed the Wilburs springs, I cut the spacers to give me between 30-35mm sag. Ended up with about 34mm. Stock forks other than WIlburs 1.0 springs and 2.5wt oil. He also asked how Wilburs rated their springs (kg. or Nm.) Isaid I thought it was Kg.

At my weight, he suggested a 900 spring which he said would be about a .97 if measured in Kg. Wasn't the stock spring a .95 Kg?

Stock is .89kg/mm

I ran around 35mm, but if Dan Kyle says 40mm, then go with 40mm.

Too, given the fork dive of our non-adjustable Showa forks, that's probably a goods idea.

I'm currently running about 35mm on my forks, but there's a lot, LOT less fork dive compared to stock with the Axxion AK-20 Cartridge Kit installed.