CBR1100XX.org Forum

Devil slip on

R1000

They sound outstanding!! :icon_clap: :icon_clap:

Hard to come by in the states, usually have to be imported at high prices. Attach just like normal slip ons. Weeeeeeeee :icon_dance:

Is that what you meant by any experience? I don't have them, but have heard them on the Bird before.

They sound outstanding!! :icon_clap: :icon_clap:

Hard to come by in the states, usually have to be imported at high prices. Attach just like normal slip ons. Weeeeeeeee :icon_dance:

Is that what you meant by any experience? I don't have them, but have heard them on the Bird before.

Yes I'm happy with that answer. I guess the power will be about the same but a lot of weight will be losed and they look great to. Here in in europe they are resonably cheap. In case the are to loud, it should be easy to fabricate som insert.

• 2 weeks later...

I had them on my VTR1000 and LOVED them!

The sound was awsome.

You can get them from devilbikes.com

Nate in DC

Got the Devil slipon from Germany and installed them this evening. The fit and finish are perfect, and the sound characteristic is great. The bird will definitely breathe better, so I need to keep an eye on the plug colour for a while. I didn’t buy them for power increase, more for the better look and weight reduction.

Edit October 25: The bike has now been tested on dry roads and it is definitely stronger and has a noticeable better throttle response. With the stock system, it lifted the front at the very end of firts gear, but not always. Now it goes airborne front without any hesitation and lifts at a lower rpm than before. It's real nice to get better appreance, weight and engine performance for only 299 EUR (less than 400 dollars).

Edit November 3: After the initial great impression, which still is valid, I must admit that the system is VERY loud. Until now I've been using earplugs and this gives a comfortable sound level. However, when I drove without earplugs one day I realised I must have scared the shit out of anyone within a mile during the several weeks. I might fabricate a pair of dB-killers, or just use earplugs all the time.

• 3 weeks later...