CBR1100XX.org Forum

Metzler M3 Front Z6 Rear

sokanxx

I am thinking I will run a Metzler M3/Z6 combo, anyone on the forum running the new M3's yet? a product review please. From all the magazine reviews they sound good, but magazines rarely ride the tires for more then an afternoon. I know the M3's are supposed to have the same characteristics as the M1's but last alot longer. I was hopeing someone here is running the M3/Z6 combo or even running M3's front and rear and could comment on them. I will most certainly go with the Z6 rear but I am debating between M1 and M3. thanks for any advice you guys have! I am currently running the M1/Z6 and have zero complaints. BUT at 6200 miles they seem to be pretty much shot. No cords yet but they just dont feel right anymore

I have never run the Michelins. I went from the Dunlop 208's to the Metzlers. This is the second set of M1/Z6's and I am thrilled with them. I was curious about an M3 front since the articles make it sound like a long lasting M1, and that is certainly not a bad thing. I do it all on my XX and the Metzlers always handle it perfectly.

Well I went ahead and ordered a new Z6 rear and a M3 for the front from swmototires so in a few weeks I should have a few thousand miles on them and will report on the new M3's!

Have you ever run a Pilot Power up front and Pilot Road on the back? If so how do they compare to what you now run?

Loved the Powers ('cept fore the mileage) and HATED the Roads ('cept for the mileage)... :icon_lol:

Well I went ahead and ordered a new Z6 rear and a M3 for the front from swmototires so in a few weeks I should have a few thousand miles on them and will report on the new M3's!

Now, this combination interests me!!! keep me posted as my Powers are just about gone and I'll be doing tires this winter. I was planning to just go back to the Z6s (front and rear), but the M3/Z6 sound intriquing. Keep us posted on your results and likes/dislikes!!!

I have been running M3/Z6 for about 3000K's and like them alot.

The ride is better than the Strada's i was running.

Today was the first time i rode them in the rain and they were very good.

Will have to see how long they last for but so far they seem to be wearing ok.

I have the M3 and Z6 combo and love it.

Seems to stick better than the Avons I was running, no head shake at 45 mph, and the tires seem to be lasting really well.

Only thing I don't like about the Z6 is the lack of wear indicators. How much tire do I have left??? No way to tell.

I have the M3 and Z6 combo and love it.

Seems to stick better than the Avons I was running, no head shake at 45 mph, and the tires seem to be lasting really well.

Only thing I don't like about the Z6 is the lack of wear indicators. How much tire do I have left??? No way to tell.

Rich... Look on the sidewall of the tire and find the elephant (or what's left of it)... There should be either an arrow or the letters TWI. Draw an imaginary line across the tire and you'll fine the indicators in the groove near the center (the ungrooved section).