CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel filter, buterflies

pug

I was wandering how often should the fuel filter replaced on a FI bird. I cheked the manual (also asked manuel - ha) and couldn't find regular service intervals. So I figure that it has to be replaced when it is clogged.

Also I was talking whith a friend about some problems about his 04 busa(1 cyl not running, idle hunting e.t.c.) and he told me that in his previous bike(97 Bird) had to synch the carbs every 6K.

Is it anywhere close in the later injection bikes?

I am now close to 20K and I have never checked the butterflies. :icon_think:

I was wandering how often should the fuel filter replaced on a FI bird. I cheked the manual (also asked manuel - ha) and couldn't find regular service intervals. So I figure that it has to be replaced when it is clogged.

Also I was talking whith a friend about some problems about his 04 busa(1 cyl not running, idle hunting e.t.c.) and he told me that in his previous bike(97 Bird) had to synch the carbs every 6K.

Is it anywhere close in the later injection bikes?

I am now close to 20K and I have never checked the butterflies. :icon_think:

There is no spec for changing the fuel filter on a FI bird. There is a flow test outlined in the manual.

You don't actually sync the throttle bodies, but the starter valves. They seem to hold sync well.

My 99 VFR (same type of PGMFI) went 160,000 miles before I changed the filter. I felt guilty and just did it.

Never synced the starter valves and still idles and runs great.

Night Train is just shy of 90,000 miles now.

I have never replaced the fuel filter, nor synch'ed the throttle bodies. Ever.

That's what I wanted to read

There is no spec for changing the fuel filter on a FI bird. There is a flow test outlined in the manual.

You don't actually sync the throttle bodies, but the starter valves. They seem to hold sync well.

My 99 VFR (same type of PGMFI) went 160,000 miles before I changed the filter. I felt guilty and just did it.

Never synced the starter valves and still idles and runs great.

..... but I am asking 'cause I feel guilty as well.

However, I have a small problem whith idle.

When I start the bike from cold, during warm-up and between 45 to about 60 (degrees celsius) water temp, the idle speed falls to 500-600 rpm. I am too lazy to check thw wax unit, but this happened after the addition and the mapping of the PC3. And I remember reading somewhere, that mapping the PC 3 on pgmF1 is quite difficult (because of the alternating std maps)

Nothing that I can't overcome whith some throttle regulation, but I still feel guilty letting the engine idling this way.

Any other ideas? :icon_think: