CBR1100XX.org Forum

Helibars made for a VFR on the Blackbird - do they fit?

Mikesblackbird

I have BB Helibars on my bike and a buddy of mine had a spare set of Helibars from his VFR. I bought them and tried to make the switch over the weekend. Well the clutch side went on without any problems with stock cables, but the brake hose on the throttle side was short by about an inch. Judging from the way they look on the bike, the bars will be slightly higher than the BB Helibars and about 1" further back. At some point I plan on changing the front lines to Spiegler or some other and at that time I'll go 2" over and install the VFR bars.

Mike

I have BB Helibars on my bike and a buddy of mine had a spare set of Helibars from his VFR. I bought them and tried to make the switch over the weekend. Well the clutch side went on without any problems with stock cables, but the brake hose on the throttle side was short by about an inch. Judging from the way they look on the bike, the bars will be slightly higher than the BB Helibars and about 1" further back. At some point I plan on changing the front lines to Spiegler or some other and at that time I'll go 2" over and install the VFR bars.

Mike

I think it may differ with year models. The clutch line on my '03 just makes it with VFR bars whereas the brake has plenty of slack left. So I reckon I wouldn't have a problem with the right side but there's no way the left would fit.

Mike

I think it may differ with year models. The clutch line on my '03 just makes it with VFR bars whereas the brake has plenty of slack left. So I reckon I wouldn't have a problem with the right side but there's no way the left would fit.

Keep in mind that the bars I'm talking about are Helibars made for an 02-06 VFR, not stock VFR bars.