CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wiring Diagram

jblackbird2000

Ok, so since my bike is down for repairs anyway, I decided to make use of the Euro Switch's "empty" switch position.

At this point, I'm not going to describe in words what it is I'm trying to do. Hopefully it'll be crystal clear from this pic. :icon_rolleyes:

Any advice on why this will or won't work as I think would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jay

Wiring Schematic Diagram

I cant make it out on the diagram what yer trying to hook up... but there are two wirings not used on the euro switch... one's going into the "off" position, and the other coming out of it. (ie, when i wired up my "steath mode" on the wuro switch, I spliced into the running lights lead coming off of lead 3 (?), and used those two connections on the euro switch lead.

I'm not trying to do a "stealth" mode. I thought about it, but I'm not really the type to run from the cops anyway.

You mean you broke the connection of the running lights, and wired the two empty leads coming out of the euro switch to each end of the broken running lights wire? That would definately work to kill the lights.

What I'm attempting here is a bit more fancy. Perhaps a bit more stupid too. Not sure yet. :icon_lol:

Jay

I cant make it out on the diagram what yer trying to hook up

And if by that statement you mean the picture is not clear, you'll have to expand it to it's full resolution to make it out clearly. In IE, it's the icon that shows up at the lower right corner when you mouse over that area.

I'm not trying to do a "stealth" mode. I thought about it, but I'm not really the type to run from the cops anyway.

You mean you broke the connection of the running lights, and wired the two empty leads coming out of the euro switch to each end of the broken running lights wire? That would definately work to kill the lights.

What I'm attempting here is a bit more fancy. Perhaps a bit more stupid too. Not sure yet. :icon_lol:

Now that I'm home, i can see it better.... Hazards?

The way you have it wired will work, at least in terms of the switch end.

Now that I'm home, i can see it better.... Hazards?

Ding! We have a winner!

WOrking in IT since 1996 and I just learned something.... ;)

The schematic looks valid to me...

Gotta love learning something new. I'm glad I could be of assistance :icon_evilgrin:

Cool, I was hoping it was good.

Yes, I want to turn on hazzards. As well as have the headlight on only when the key is on. When the key is off, the hazzards should still function, but the headlight be off.

So anyway, I think I'm going to radio shack tomorrow and get some supplies.

I'll let ya know if this works!

Jay

Well, it works.

I just got finished cleaning up from this job. I've tested everything I can possibly think of, and this mod works.

Brief Summary:

With Bike Running or key "on" postion.

Euro Switch far left: All lights normal

Euro Switch middle: Head light off

Euro Switch far right : Head light on, emergency blinkers on

With bike off.

Euro Switch far left: No effect

Euro Switch middle: No effect

Euro Switch far right : Emergency blinkers on.

I'm not an electrical engineer type, my father-in law is however, and he taught me how to draw this circuit diagram thingy up, and I transfered it to excel so I could read it, and post it here.

If anyone is interested in a brief english translation of what that diagram is I posted, let me know, and I'll be happy to try to explain.

Jay