CBR1100XX.org Forum

OEM Brake Pads

redxxrdr

Search gave me 30 pages, and I got through the first 10.

I remember reading that some pads are drilled to fit both front and rear calipers. Honda numbers are 06435-mat-006 and 06455-mat-e21. I assume different numbers mean different pads.

Was it a aftermarket pad that fit both?

Old Bike Barn shows better prices than Service Honda or Ron Ayres, but I can't tell if they are really OEM. How do you tell when ordering on-line?

At 26k with a Gap trip next month, I guess it's time.

Different Pad, Different Size.

OEM are actually good pads. Mr. Honda selects good pads on nearly all his bikes.

OEM and EBC are my favorites. Galfer is OK, except for Galfer Green - I think they suck.

Guest rockmeupto125

OEM pads are different part numbers for front and rear. There is a very slight physical difference in the pads....just enough to keep you from putting fronts on the rear or vice versa.

Aftermarket pads such as EBC are identical part numbers front or rear. They install easily, and work without any known problems. I'm confident that with all the people running aftermarket pads, being Galfer, EBC, or otherwise that if there had been a problem related to it, we'd have heard about it.

Very happy with the EBC pads on mine. Same part for the front and rear, OEM has a notch in the back plate of the pad for the front and no notch on the rear IIRC, it could be the other way around. The notched pads fit all the way around.

And Old Bike Barn sucks moist goats ass. I ordered some "OEM" parts from them for my 900 and nothing was even close to fitting properly. It was going to cost me some rediculous amount in restocking fees so I just sold the parts on Ebay.

Very happy with the EBC pads on mine. Same part for the front and rear, OEM has a notch in the back plate of the pad for the front and no notch on the rear IIRC, it could be the other way around. The notched pads fit all the way around.

And Old Bike Barn sucks moist goats ass. I ordered some "OEM" parts from them for my 900 and nothing was even close to fitting properly. It was going to cost me some rediculous amount in restocking fees so I just sold the parts on Ebay.

Also love the EBC pads. Got them from the Old Bike Barn as a matter of fact. Took forever but it was a great sale price. Should have ordered 3 more sets. I'm not sure if it applies to other pads but you have to be careful, as it's possible to fit the pin into the front pads without the notch properly in place.

Thanks for the response.

I use EBC on my Magna with great results.

A good source would be nice. I know White Buffalo has them, and they have given me good service.

Search challenges me with the new board. I saw a red GT 350 at lunch today. Did a search to show my co-workers a real nice REDD GT 350. Took me five trys, but it was worth it.

Craig

$28.50 From White Buffalo.

White Buffalo Racing

Same part number, no shipping and handling for US post.

EBC's coming my way.

Thanks for the info. I just checked it out. Where does it say free shipping?

This is what they said on their web page:

"We ship using FedEx, UPS and the USPS. Our shipping and handling fees are as low as we can get them , however, shipping costs do fluctuate so shipping charges can change without notice. "

It doesn't sound like "no shipping"?