CBR1100XX.org Forum

How do I feel or know when engine is koncking

panote

as noted in previos thread the xx as a knock senser to revent knocking. if you think your bike is knocking, the easy way to tell is get out on the road and get in the higher gears at a low rpm about 2000 or 2500 and use near full throtle and if you hear a rattle pinging sound your running to low of octane or something else is the problem. the xx has 11 to 1 compresion and you should use 91 octain for best peformance,but I know alot of people run regular. Hope this helps.

Thank you.......

as noted in previos thread the xx as a knock senser to revent knocking. if you think your bike is knocking, the easy way to tell is get out on the road and get in the higher gears at a low rpm about 2000 or 2500 and use near full throtle and if you hear a rattle pinging sound your running to low of octane or something else is the problem. the xx has 11 to 1 compresion and you should use 91 octain for best peformance,but I know alot of people run regular. Hope this helps.

:icon_duh: I don't understand "use near full throtle" step

Would you please explain this step to me.