CBR1100XX.org Forum

Vista cruise arrived today.........

Fonzie

Ridin' down to meet up with Jay & Josh tomorrow night for bike night, and wanted to hurry up & get it installed for the trip down.

Any helpful hints for a quick/easy installation??

Ridin' down to meet up with Jay & Josh tomorrow night for bike night, and wanted to hurry up & get it installed for the trip down.

Try this http://www.jaws-motorcycles.co.uk/cruse/cruise.htm this is how I fitted mine, the only difference being that I also put a small ( ~ 3gauge x 3/8" ) brass screw through the Vista into the throttle housing roughly between the 2 and the blue line on the picture just to make sure it doesn't move :icon_cool:

So far it works great, takes a little while to get the tension set right but then locktite the screw and bushing and she is fine. Fitted this way it is hardly noticible from the riding position, doesn't obstruct the starter switch and there is no way of catching it or it hitting the tank on full lock :icon_doh: Can be a little fiddly to engage to begin with when wearing heavy winter gloves but once you are used to it no problems :icon_dance:

Just put one on the 02XX.

You will have to trim the locating tab on the Vista-Cruise to fit between the cables on the switch/cable assembly.

To get the Vista-Cruise as close to the switch/cable assembly as possible I removed the rivet at the Vista-Cruise pivot point and fastened it to the switch/cable assembly through the pivot point with a small screw (countersunk brass wood screw). Solves two problems: fastens the Vista-Cruise rigidly to the switch/cable assembly and reduces the space taken up by the rivet head. Looks better too. Cautions: tightening the screw too tight will not allow the Vista-Cruise to pivot and using a long screw will interfere with the throttle operation.

{The head of the rivet faces the switch/cable assembly and forces a space between the assembly and the Vista-Cruise mechanism. Replacing it lets you put the Vista-Cruise right up against the switch/cable assembly. Room is at a premium here. Someone suggested trimming off the ridge on the throttle assembly plastic sleeve assembly to improve response and smoothness. I did not find this necessary.}

Take your time and do it right.

Michael Pavlick

I have mounted about 30 now for my customers. I do it a bit differently (not necessary better).

I remove the smaller tab, and leave the larger one in place (just the opposite from Jaws). The bigger one can be modified to fit exacly between the cables, therefore giving no room left for freeplay here.

Also the manual operation is much easier this way. It is in exactly the right place now to be operated with thumb and finger without twisting the wrist.

On some bikes the Vista fits like a glove, no further work necessary.

On other bikes you got a half-an-hour job ahead of you. With these bikes the rim on the gaslever is to close to the housing to make room for the Vista. I use a Dremel (electrical hand-millingmachine) to remove a circular edge on the side of the Vista that is touching the rim on the gaslever. It needs some practice to get it right.

I've never seen a Vista Cruise on a sportbike. I've had them on all my old cruisers, and they're a must have over 100 miles. I've been looking at the Throttlemeister bar end throttle locks, but dang they're expensive. Anybody here ever use them? A guy I use to work for has them on 4 of his sportbikes, and swears by them. I'm going to try and borrow a set this winter, and spin some up at work. There can't be much to them.

Scott

smvorndran

I've never seen a Vista Cruise on a sportbike. I've had them on all my old cruisers, and they're a must have over 100 miles. I've been looking at the Throttlemeister bar end throttle locks, but dang they're expensive. Anybody here ever use them? A guy I use to work for has them on 4 of his sportbikes, and swears by them. I'm going to try and borrow a set this winter, and spin some up at work. There can't be much to them.

Scott

smvorndran

Try the search function and put in throttlemiester :icon_wink:

Scott

smvorndran

Had Vista now I have a set of Throttlemeister, think I may put another vista on as it's so much easier....But I don't think I'd take off the Throttlemeister I already have them and I like the looks...