CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pirelli Diablo Stradas are on

BarryG

Just got my bike back other day after 16K service and new rubber. Do a lot of slab riding so Stradas put on after sitting in the garage for 4 months.

So far they're very smooth. I'll haven't leaned hard on them yet so no idea how they'll be in the tight turns.

Man my bike is running good though. XX rocks!

I have about 1500 miles on the Diablo Stradas and find them to be as good or better

than the Pilot Roads I've been running. Very stable in the corners, with no hint of

slippage at the level I ride. I was following a turbo Carrera over Monitor Pass (CA hwy

89 between US395 and CA hwy 4) who wanted to play; after many very fast corners,

he pulled over, gave me the thumbs up, and let me by. It was a very fun couple of

miles. :icon_biggrin: I give the tire stick of the Stradas a thumbs up! :icon_thumbsup:

I love mine! I'm about to order a second set after just over 11000 miles on these. For my riding, and I'll let others chime in about whatever "level" I'm at, they are great in the corners, too. They finally flattened in the middle after two long distance slab trips from San Antonio to the west coast, and then back and forth to work for 2.5 months. Lots of good rubber on the edges yet, but I don't get much of a chance outside the meets and the recent rides around Phoenix to use it up. Best yet over Dunlops, (no brainer), and Avons that came with the bike when I bought it.

I put a set on about 1 month ago...did 100Ks on them and then took them to Eastern Creek for a ride day.

They worked well..didnt give me any `moments` all day...though im definately not the fastest rider on the track.

they started to squirm around towards the end of the day so I took that as a `ive had enough` message and went home.

Edge grip is good...I had the pegs scraping a few times with no problems. no idea what they are like to slide..didnt push that hard.

Im reasonably happy with them.

:icon_biggrin:

Pete, jeez dude. Tire Destroyer no doubt! If I could figure out how to post up pics here now that the gallery is down, I'd post up a few of the tires that are going. They are pretty much shot. I mean, I'm going home in a month and a half, and they won't be on them for that trip. I just started getting the front end non-sense now and I had done 1500-2000 before TBME, then that was a 5000 mile trip, then about 1000 while at home weekending and back and forth to work, and then 1200 to Phoenix, and over a 1000 since I've been here. I guess it's just short of 11000, but then I don't have the alignment problems you talk about, and I'm not sure I'd know what to do if my pegs scraped at higher speed. :icon_eek:

Of course, mines not the rentals that do the happy faces at the meets either. :icon_lol: