CBR1100XX.org Forum

New here

zizzo

hello everybody,

new to this excellent forum, my name is Luca, 39, from Italy.

My bbird is a 2003 with approximately 30k km.

Modifications are: ohlins spring with pre-load adjusters (made in italy), v-tec endbar, ohlins shock absorber, heated grips.

I owned several bikes before (enduro and sport touring mainly) but the XX seems to be the definitive ones :icon_angel:

In the last few minutes, and after having read your thoughts about it, I bought a MRA variotouring screen.

The very last issue (but not less important) I would like to sort out with my bike is the amount ot hot air which goes through the saddle making very difficult continuing riding when it becomes so hot.

Do you have any idea on how to isolate the saddle in order to minimize this?

Thanks for any thought/suggestion you may want to tell!

zizzo

I can't think of a reason for this. Unless you have something particular to the European editions that we didn't get. I get heat down by my feet, but I think that's something I did the last time the fairing was off- a missing clip or something. I don't know where the heat on the saddle would be coming from. Maybe one of the European members will chime in and enlighten all of us. :icon_think:

EDIT: By the way, welcome!

I noticed once the seat becomes hot in the sun, it takes a long time to cool off.

I park in a garage but if I stop for lunch and leave the bike in the sun, then I roast.

I suggest you park under some cover - garage, bike cover, or shade. And stand up on the pegs to cool down.

Watch your diet and maybe try Bean-o.

hello everybody,

The very last issue (but not less important) I would like to sort out with my bike is the amount ot hot air which goes through the saddle making very difficult continuing riding when it becomes so hot.

Do you have any idea on how to isolate the saddle in order to minimize this?

Thanks for any thought/suggestion you may want to tell!

zizzo

I can't think of a reason for this. Unless you have something particular to the European editions that we didn't get. I don't know where the heat on the saddle would be coming from.

EDIT: By the way, welcome!

I don't think there is any peculiar difference in the European edition which may cause this. The heat on the saddle (and loom and tank) comes from the engine and it is very annying to my.....when riding once these structures heated up. I'm thinking to insert something insulating under the saddle....

thanks for welcoming me :icon_angel:

Watch your diet and maybe try Bean-o.

not sold in Italy, I suppose :icon_cool: