CBR1100XX.org Forum

Full system

R1000

Will there be a great difference changing the stock exhaust to a 4-2-1 system? Any one got the bike dynoed before/after change of exhaust system?

The bike feels somewhat lame on higher gears below 6 krpm as is, then pulls very good at higher rpm's. Could that be cured by e.g lift the needles a few mm's or are there any other tricks to do? Ihave a -97, carb version.

Will there be a great difference changing the stock exhaust to a 4-2-1 system? Any one got the bike dynoed before/after change of exhaust system?

The bike feels somewhat lame on higher gears below 6 krpm as is, then pulls very good at higher rpm's. Could that be cured by e.g lift the needles a few mm's or are there any other tricks to do? Ihave a -97, carb version.

as we concluded in other topics, the 4-2-2 looks better and the 4-2-1 gives more power!

mind me if i'm wrong...

as we concluded in other topics, the 4-2-2 looks better and the 4-2-1 gives more power!

mind me if i'm wrong...

Yeah I know the 4-2-1 system will give more power, anyone got figures/dyno curves?

mind me if i'm wrong...

Yeah I know the 4-2-1 system will give more power, anyone got figures/dyno curves?

you could just search for any 4-2-1 dyno test, because i don't think that the differences between the brands are noticeable...

Had Yoshimura dual SS oval RS-3 slip-ons on a 1998 1100XX. Changed to: K&N filter; Yoshimura 4-2-1 SS full race with SS oval canister; 16-T front sproket. Never dyno'd but reduced weight of bike 7-10 pounds. Yoshimura said I should pick up no less then 3hp but probably 5-7hp. Noticable performance difference. Runs a lot stronger low end and didn't weaken top end at least at the speeds that I run - up to 165mph, still has may rpm to go to redline from 165.

Had Yoshimura dual SS oval RS-3 slip-ons on a 1998 1100XX. Changed to: K&N filter; Yoshimura 4-2-1 SS full race with SS oval canister; 16-T front sproket. Never dyno'd but reduced weight of bike 7-10 pounds. Yoshimura said I should pick up no less then 3hp but probably 5-7hp. Noticable performance difference. Runs a lot stronger low end and didn't weaken top end at least at the speeds that I run - up to 165mph, still has may rpm to go to redline from 165.

Just FYI, you're talking about 165 indicated, right?? stock, the speedo reads 8% high from the factory, and another 8% high from the 16t, so when your speedo says 165, you're actually going ~139... Unless you have a speedohealer on it, the tach to speedo relationship in every gear will be the same, no matter what you do with the sprockets... This is because the speedo gets its measurement from the transmission output shaft, not from the wheels...

Mike