CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fork Seal

sprack

Is it just the dust seal or everything down to the oil seal too?

Whats the problem?

Could be dust seal, oil seal, may need an oil change, may need bushings, may need the retainer clip, may just need to grease the oil seal.

How many miles since last fork oil change, seal change, bushing change, on the bike total?

Mine are original but I change the oil every other year and grease the oil seal being very careful when putting it back together so sharp edges dont hurt it.

Fork oil was changed less than 100mi ago. Right fork has some oil above the dust seal. To my knowledge the fork seals and bushings have never been replaced. Bought the bike with 30k mi on it.

Fork oil was changed less than 100mi ago. Right fork has some oil above the dust seal. To my knowledge the fork seals and bushings have never been replaced. Bought the bike with 30k mi on it.

I would take a small slot screw driver and pop the dust cover up. Take a rag and wipe it all down. Make sure there is a retainer clip on top of the oil seal. Clean it up and run the dust seal back on it. If the fork oil was just changed then it may just be residual oil.

One thing you can do is fill the cavity between the dust seal and oil seal with bearing grease and put is all back together. stopped many a seep that way.