CBR1100XX.org Forum

FI question for slip ons

Lakemojo

This is my first Fuel Injected bike and I bought it with a set of Yoshimura slip-ons already installed. I don't think there is a power commander or the like mounted, and the question is does this need to be there to prevent running lean? or does the FI unit compensate? I've put about 1000 miles on her in the last few weeks and it hit me that I could be doing some damage - (attached is the required photo to make this a 'good' post)

Thanks in advance...

This is my first Fuel Injected bike and I bought it with a set of Yoshimura slip-ons already installed. I don't think there is a power commander or the like mounted, and the question is does this need to be there to prevent running lean? or does the FI unit compensate? I've put about 1000 miles on her in the last few weeks and it hit me that I could be doing some damage - (attached is the required photo to make this a 'good' post)

Thanks in advance...

:icon_silenced:

You won't hurt it without the PC. I got rid of the flat spots in the power curve with the PC and a map another member had for the same setup but, general concensus seems to be you will be fine without it. Now if you have the money to have a custom map built for your bike you might see a better response.