CBR1100XX.org Forum

My Dealer wants about $1100.00 cdn

SBBXX

Installed.

Sounds pretty hefty to me.

I asked for a quote on a pair of roads, a good chain and sprockets.

The tires work out to about 450 for the set. Can't remember what chain he quoted, but the last one he put on lasted a long time. He quoted honda sprokets, and from what people say here, that's not a bad idea even though they are more pricey. He figures 3 hrs but will only charge for the time it takes.

I need them all, the front is past the wear bars and the rear is close and has a plug in it, which leaks when the tire cools down. I'm adjusting the chain every week now. I know it's gone. Can't do NeXXt without changing everything.

The question is; is this terribly a lot of money? I'd go somewhere else, but not just to save a 100 bucks.

marty

Who's your dealer, are you in Vancouver? I just replaced my tires, chain, sprockets.

BT 020's, $430.00 minus 15%, front & rear sprockets, $208.00 minus 10%, DID 530ERV-120 Gold Chain, $230.00. Minus 10%, Labour 2 1/2 hours at $90.00 per hour. You do the math, 13% tax= $148.00. tire levy. IT AINT CHEAP. I used to get more of a discount. I think you can get your tires elsewhere at a cheaper price. Same with chain and sprockets. Stick with Honda sprockets is my suggestion. Learn to wrench your own bike, good advice which doesn't relate to me. I never wrench my own bike and have paid big time as a result. It's the price I pay to ride my Bird.

Marty, Im on the verge of ordering a DID ZVM2 chain and front and steel rear AFAM sprockets and the motion pro chain tool from White Buffalo Racing in CA.Im having it sent to sister in law in Syracuse N.Y. and going to pick up the stuff on my way down to NEXXT and then bring it back The total cost is 306 CDN shipped to Syracuse, I think that is a pretty good deal only because I can have it shipped to an American address, no tax no customs duty etc, as far as the tires go, this Aprril Wheelsport in Ottawa had a fantastic deal on tires I got a rear Pilot road for 172$Cdn taxes in(40-50% off) . If they have the sale next year and any birds need tires I will go to Ottawa and get them, I may need a front by that time or just have it on hand for when I need it. Im going to put the rear on for NEXXT. Have you thought about your route yet, ? Kingston, What day are you leaving? By the way Honda dealer here quoted me Front sprocket-54$ Rear-102$ chain-170.99$Im still way ahead of the game from White Buffalo. BBB

Shop around for tires, call around Hamilton/Guelph too. Hunt also for the sprockets and chain. Then come to my place and we'll install the sprockets and chains which will save you an hour or so labour there. Then if the cost is cheap for the tires and install local to me, it'll be worth your trip. Try Zdeno in Kitchener:

Zdeno Cycle Centre Ltd

519-745-7010

1495 Victoria Street North,

Kitchener, ON N2B 3E4

They did alright for price and mounting for my tires when I use to buy them locally.

Shop around for tires, call around Hamilton/Guelph too. Hunt also for the sprockets and chain. Then come to my place and we'll install the sprockets and chains which will save you an hour or so labour there. Then if the cost is cheap for the tires and install local to me, it'll be worth your trip. Try Zdeno in Kitchener:

Zdeno Cycle Centre Ltd

519-745-7010

Kitchener, ON N2B 3E4

They did alright for price and mounting for my tires when I use to buy them locally.

Mike, I called them and was quoted about $540 incl tax for the tires installed, which is a tad better than my dealer even including the tankful of gas. I'll phone a few more places. I'll get you to look at my chain this weekend. I'm sure It'll last the season. If so, I'll leave it for later.

see you Sunday

marty

Zdeno Cycle Centre Ltd

519-745-7010

Kitchener, ON N2B 3E4

Mike, I called them and was quoted about $540 incl tax for the tires installed, which is a tad better than my dealer even including the tankful of gas. I'll phone a few more places. I'll get you to look at my chain this weekend. I'm sure It'll last the season. If so, I'll leave it for later.

see you Sunday

marty

I bring All of my tires etc in from the US. With shipping etc, I pay 220CAD for a set of tires

Just an update

I ended up going to Zdeno Cycle (thanks Mike) yesterday because my dealer could not get a rear in until next month, and that plug was leaking really bad. He installed them for under $510.00 tax incl. Better than he quoted on the phone and much cheaper than my dealer even when I factor in the tank of gas.

very happy

marty