CBR1100XX.org Forum

clutch

Canadian Bird

I guess I have too much time on my hands, one more month off. Too many hours watching racing today. God bless Speed Channel. Has anyone replaced their clutch or rebuilt it. Is there an alternative choice to Honda and should one even bother with other than Honda if it's just street/road riding?

Chuckle, chuckle, a bit of both. Two months of, with pay of course, actually it's 9 weeks off and today is threatening rain and I rode 1000kms over the weekend so I'm resting :icon_lol: It's also TWO Wheel Tuesday and I just watched Brands Hatch and now its more racing from Mid Ohio so I'm hanging out and and having random thoughts. Where's the "wanking" icon? However, all that being said, I'm searching for reasons for the "whinning" sound that comes from the right, low side of the bike up to 4,000 rpm but disappears when I pull in the clutch. I can't really hear it above 4,000 rpm. I don't think it's the CCT and the Bird runs strong regardless. 96,000 kms and I just returned from a 3,500 km romp. It can't be the "fan" or why would it disappear with the clutch in. Counter balancers? This board knows I don't "wrench" my own ride so the tech who works on my ride will have to listen to it. :icon_naughty: :icon_nono: No boo's please I've heard them all. :icon_redface: My tech spotted my burned stator before I was out on the road somewhere. I've no complaints other than it cost a lot over the years. It's the price I pay. :icon_shhh: In truth I "never" see myself selling my Bird but just perhaps adding to the stable. I'd give it to my daughter, who rides, before a stranger. I think there is a question somewhere in this ramble. Cheers :icon_wink: