CBR1100XX.org Forum

Opinion of 2Bros. Slip ons for 1997

Venus97

I was interested in getting a little more sound out of my mechanically bone stock 1997, but still it to be need it to be reasonable so I do not anger the neighbors with my early morning schedule.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I use slip ons w/o a jet kit? (If not, then I'll just wait until the next major service and have it done at the same time)

2. Does TwoBros. have a deep throaty sound?

Any opinion/experience appreciated.

1. Can I use slip ons w/o a jet kit? (If not, then I'll just wait until the next major service and have it done at the same time)

Yes, but you'll get much better results if you jet it.

Yes. A little on the loud side, IMO, but deep & throaty describes them well.

I have the 2-Bros carbon fiber C-5's on my 97. They contrast well with the black bike.

They have a nice deep throaty sound. I think its the best sound I've heard from an aftermarket can on the XX.

I have CarbonFiber 2Brothers on my 1997 XX the sound is sweet it sounds really tuned and smooth. The fit and finish however is not the best. My left side silencer is always rotating itself. So about 80% of the time my left exhaust tip is facing in.

nice pipes. good sound. like an old musclecar when at idle. not too loud. much lighter than stock. one of mine likes to rotate just a little as well. wouldn't pay the $900 that my carbon fiber ones would have cost, (previous owner put them on) but i sure do like them on my bike.

-b

I had the polished aluminum C5 cans on my XX. Like someone else said, sounds deep and throbby like a muscle car when you start her up. They aren't the loudest, but definitely louder than stock. I usually short shift up to second on third when rolling through my alley because they are fairly tame at low rpm. Open her up and the deep thrum turns into a nice roar. I liked them so much I got a set of M5 Carbon Fiber 2Bros for my ZX and the sound lived up to expectation.

I have CarbonFiber 2Brothers on my 1997 XX the sound is sweet it sounds really tuned and smooth. The fit and finish however is not the best. My left side silencer is always rotating itself. So about 80% of the time my left exhaust tip is facing in.

My left one is always rotating too. Strange. :icon_confused:

My left one is always rotating too. Strange. :icon_confused:

And I thought it was just me.....

It peed me off to no end even left a slight rub mark on my swing arm from turning so much. I just straightened the pipes up with the bike on the centre stand. Drilled a small hole on bottom side where the can/adaptor over laped and riveted the fucker in place.. worked so far

I do love the pipes I really like the rumble on the bottom end. Not loud enough to really bother you on the highway unless your above 7K.

• 2 weeks later...

Rotating problem sloved!!! I bought some Walker Muffler Acoustic Seal. I put one bead around the mid pipe. sliped on the exhaust and rode it 300 miles and no silencer rotation! I hope this trick will work for you. I wanted to try this and if it didn't work i would rivit them still. But the Walker Acoustic Seal seems to be cleaner

Rotating problem sloved!!! I bought some Walker Muffler Acoustic Seal. I put one bead around the mid pipe. sliped on the exhaust and rode it 300 miles and no silencer rotation! I hope this trick will work for you. I wanted to try this and if it didn't work i would rivit them still. But the Walker Acoustic Seal seems to be cleaner

I though of that too, but I'm betting it's really gonna suck if/when you go to take them back off for any reason. That shit is like thick glue, with a few hundred degrees it should stick real good...

I was interested in getting a little more sound out of my mechanically bone stock 1997, but still it to be need it to be reasonable so I do not anger the neighbors with my early morning schedule.

I have a couple of questions:

Any opinion/experience appreciated.

I have Two Bros slip ons w/o a jet kit and the bike runs fine. I will tell you that my Two Bros pipes are, for me, very loud. C4s and have maybe 8K miles on them (02' XX). I can handle short jaunts but for any ride over 5-10 miles, I 100% of the time wear ear plugs. They sound awesome with ear plugs in. Really great sounding pipes but a little loud for my tastes w/o ear plugs. I've ridden other bikes with Two Bros single slip on and it was nothing like the ones I have. My 2 cents worth ....

I have Two Bros slip ons w/o a jet kit and the bike runs fine. I will tell you that my Two Bros pipes are, for me, very loud. C4s and have maybe 8K miles on them (02' XX). I can handle short jaunts but for any ride over 5-10 miles, I 100% of the time wear ear plugs. They sound awesome with ear plugs in. Really great sounding pipes but a little loud for my tastes w/o ear plugs. I've ridden other bikes with Two Bros single slip on and it was nothing like the ones I have. My 2 cents worth ....

That's interesting cause I don't find mine loud at all. I don't even wear ear plugs even on a 7000Km trip I didn't find them loud. They start to get noisey at 7K or so but I hardly ever have the RPM that high for any period of time. I know the D&D and Hindle are louder than my 2 bros pipes.

I ended up going with Scorpion slip ons and they look and sound awesome.

They are just a tad loud compared to the stock, but I am getting used to them and wear earplugs for the wind noise anyway and they are fine to me. They have the low rumble similiar to what others described of the Two Brothers.

Maybe your Two Brothers need to be re-packed?