CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ohlins shock

fireman

Having a problem finding an Ohlins rear shock for a 2001 XX. One dealer hold me they were no longer available for 2001 onward. Will a shock for a 2000 XX fit my bike? Any dealers with one in stock?

Thanks

Fireman

Why not consider Penske? Highly recommended and adjustable.

Ohlins arnt adjustable ??

Ohlins are MORE adjustable than the Penski for the 'bird... I assume the Penski is adjustable for compression and rebound like the Ohlins, but the Ohlins also has a remote preload adjuster, so you're not under the thing with a hammer, drift, and spanner every time you want to go on a ride with a passenger...

'01 to '03 model here...

http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/prod...6867&page=1

Mike

Ohlins are MORE adjustable than the Penski for the 'bird... I assume the Penski is adjustable for compression and rebound like the Ohlins, but the Ohlins also has a remote preload adjuster, so you're not under the thing with a hammer, drift, and spanner every time you want to go on a ride with a passenger...

'01 to '03 model here...

Mike

Penskes adjust spring preload via a small rod that slots radially into key holes in the upper spring perch, which is threaded onto the shock body. It's real easy, or at least it is on the 8961 I got with the group buy.

Medium Al

'01 to '03 model here...

Mike

Hyperpro offers the same with a fully progressive spring (Ohlins has a two-step linear spring), and it's cheaper too (at least in Holland it is.....).

Thanks to Helvet, I am currently run the one in the middle and I am more than satisfied.

It has hi-low comp aswell as rebound and ride height adjustment, and probably soon will have remote preload.

post-1474-1154700113_thumb.jpg

Hyperpro offers the same with a fully progressive spring (Ohlins has a two-step linear spring), and it's cheaper too (at least in Holland it is.....).

I'm waiting for the Hyperpro 3D to become available.

I'll let you know when it does. My bike will be the first one to have it fitted and tested on. We expect it to be early 2007, and no sooner......