CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wax EZ Detailer

cbr1100xxflame

Don't believe everything you read.

Good sales pitch on their home page but pure BS to the educated Detail person.

I can assure you that no professional Detailers will be using the product. It is directed specifically to the uneducated retail buyer who doesn't know any better.

Only buy products that are sold as a commercial detailing product and not just a retail product only.

As with any product used for polishing or waxing, nothing is made that will clean, shine and or protect that is scratch free. Being scratch free is determined by the applicator and not the product. For best scratch free application always use micro-fiber towels for "Wax On - Wax Off"

Micro-fiber and the product of your choice will give you good results with virtually no chance of scratching the surface.

sorry to hijack, but...

I love the Honda polish, thats all I use and the bike looks great still. People are always asking me if its new (2001 with 44,000 miles).

except my soft cover was getting totally ragged so I bought a new cover. The material is a heavy nylon/plastic with alumi-shit on the lower half, and kind of tight elastic on the edge. I think it scratched my gas tank, I haven't inspected the whole bike yet, but that sucks if its the cover scratching my bike, damn! :icon_evil: :icon_doh:

false alarm, never mind, Honda Polish saves the day yet again!!!

Don't believe everything you read.

Good sales pitch on their home page but pure BS to the educated Detail person.

I can assure you that no professional Detailers will be using the product. It is directed specifically to the uneducated retail buyer who doesn't know any better.

Only buy products that are sold as a commercial detailing product and not just a retail product only.

As with any product used for polishing or waxing, nothing is made that will clean, shine and or protect that is scratch free. Being scratch free is determined by the applicator and not the product. For best scratch free application always use micro-fiber towels for "Wax On - Wax Off"

Micro-fiber and the product of your choice will give you good results with virtually no chance of scratching the surface.

Whether a product scratches or not can be determined by the product. Some products list silica sand in the ingredients. This is used to polish any hairline scratches or buffer swirl marks out of paint. Always read what's in the product.

You are correct though. What type of cloth you use makes a big difference on the finish also.