CBR1100XX.org Forum

H7 buld doesn't frigging fit

jimmystartup

I just tried to put a new H7 into my low beam lens to replace the one that was burnt out. I bought it from a local parts supply store and when I try to install it, the damn plugs are too close together. I thought that an H7 is a standard plug?

The pins on the buld I removed are about 4 mm wider apart than the new one I have in hand.

What the hell? Any thoughts?

The bulb you removed probably still has the OEM adapter attached to it. Pull that off the old bulb, install on new bulb, done.

Damn, I took the bulb out last night and rode in this morning with the high beam on. Guess I didn't even se the adaptor.

Thanks RB

This might be an obvious thing to most but when I removed the blolwn bulb it wasn't initially obvious that the adaptor was on there. Maybe it was the three beers, who knows. I got home last night and, low and behold, there on the old bulb was the OEM adaptor. Once I popped it onto the new bulb it all made sense.

Thanks for the tip!

Oh, and I bought a GE Super Bright bulb from a local parts store...so far it seems to be visibly brighter than the buld it replaced.

Oh, and I bought a GE Super Bright bulb from a local parts store...so far it seems to be visibly brighter than the buld it replaced.

Given that the bulb you replaced was burnt out, that shouldn't have been too hard. :icon_evilgrin:

Sorry for the wiseass but sometimes I can't help myself. :icon_smile:

Given that the bulb you replaced was burnt out, that shouldn't have been too hard. :icon_evilgrin:

Sorry for the wiseass but sometimes I can't help myself. :icon_smile:

LMAO :icon_lol::icon_lol: