CBR1100XX.org Forum

suspension adjustement / owner's manual

Ludov

:icon_angel: Well, I bought my XX (1998 model) without the owner's manual, so I'm having some dificulties in basic stuff. I've tried to get it in pdf format but I only managed to get the service manual and parts manual, not the owner's manual.

If someone could tell where I can get it, that would be wonderfull, meanwhile I would like to have some sugestions for a good adjustment of the suspension (how and where)

Thank you very much

Long live the XX :icon_hand:

:icon_angel: Well, I bought my XX (1998 model) without the owner's manual, so I'm having some dificulties in basic stuff. I've tried to get it in pdf format but I only managed to get the service manual and parts manual, not the owner's manual.

If someone could tell where I can get it, that would be wonderfull, meanwhile I would like to have some sugestions for a good adjustment of the suspension (how and where)

Thank you very much

I dont know about the owners manual online but I can tell you that you cannot really adjust the suspension on the 98 XX. Fork oil change and level as well as changing the pre-load spacer in the forks and pre-load in the rear. You cna change springs but thats it.

Welcome to the Forum, and to the wonderful world of the XX. Unfortunately the suspension in a noted weak area of the BlackBird. Aside from what's already mentioned, Check this out; the cheapest, quickest mod you can do to the bike. There is much more info on this, just do a search. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

marty

Thank you very much

Did you actually manage to get a pdf version of the manuals for a 98 as I am in the same boat, I have a 98 but the pdf sevice and parts manual on here is for 99-02 FI bikes. If you did find one for the 98 carb where did you find it if I may ask :icon_eh:

Thank you very much

Did you actually manage to get a pdf version of the manuals for a 98 as I am in the same boat, I have a 98 but the pdf sevice and parts manual on here is for 99-02 FI bikes. If you did find one for the 98 carb where did you find it if I may ask :icon_eh:

Well, i don't remember where, but if you send me your e-mail adress, I can post it for you. I've tried to send it as an attachment, but didn't work.