CBR1100XX.org Forum

How do I get the turn signal lense out???

Fonzie

OK..........dumb question, I know. Just went out to pop the lense cover to see what size bulb I need, as I have to keep smacking my mirror housing right now to get the bulb to work.

Don't see any screws that need removed. Tried popping it out, but don't want to take a chance on breaking some tabs or the whole lense.......I have a habit of muscling things when they should be finessed :icon_redface:

Pull the rubber boot back and you'll see 2 bolts with 8 mm heads. Remove them and the mirror pops out. You'll then see the back of the light housing and bulb socket. The light housing is held with 2 phillips screws. Remove these screws and throw the lens out and replace with clear lenses from Clear Alternatives that you will buy from John :icon_wink:

That's funny..........I just tightened those bolts 'cause the mirror felt a little wiggly to me. Never in a million years did I think I was gonna have to take the whole friggin' mirror off just to change the damn bulb??? :icon_duh: I just figured the lense snapped/fitted in there..........Sure glad I asked you guys & didn't muscle it after all. To think........I almost stuck a flat blade screwdriver along the edge to see if I could pop it out :icon_eek:

Thanx for the responses guys!! And Adam.........Your's definately wins funniest/most creative (albeit least helpful :icon_wink: )!! :icon_razz::icon_dance:

BTW.........so what size replacement bulb do I need? Clear, not amber I'm assuming? Thanx

That's funny..........I just tightened those bolts 'cause the mirror felt a little wiggly to me. Never in a million years did I think I was gonna have to take the whole friggin' mirror off just to change the damn bulb??? :icon_duh: I just figured the lense snapped/fitted in there..........Sure glad I asked you guys & didn't muscle it after all. To think........I almost stuck a flat blade screwdriver along the edge to see if I could pop it out :icon_eek:

Thanx for the responses guys!! And Adam.........Your's definately wins funniest/most creative (albeit least helpful :icon_wink: )!! :icon_razz::icon_dance:

BTW.........so what size replacement bulb do I need? Clear, not amber I'm assuming? Thanx

1157 bulb clear for stock lenses yellow for clear lenses

OK..........dumb question, I know. Just went out to pop the lense cover to see what size bulb I need, as I have to keep smacking my mirror housing right now to get the bulb to work.

Don't see any screws that need removed. Tried popping it out, but don't want to take a chance on breaking some tabs or the whole lense.......I have a habit of muscling things when they should be finessed :icon_redface:

Hi Fonzie...

Here's the answer.

greetz,

Yoan.

CAUTION! While undoing the screws in the first picture, keep hold of the mirror to prevent it from falling!

IPB Image