CBR1100XX.org Forum

Now they say my BAS is no good!!!

Hairbear

Just got off the phone with the service rep. at my local dealer.....he says...ya I think he(the tech)did find something....he goes to confirm with the tech and comes back to the phone....your BAS is no good....the tech says if he jumps out the BAS the bike will run fine....says whenever he wiggles the wiring going into the BAS he keeps getting different reactions.

SO NOW..... I have to wait til next week at the earliest to get the bike back. THIS ABSOLUTELY BLOWS!! Hell...I may as well start getting ready for bow season!

Oh...and I called American Honda to check if the broken wire they found going into the ECM should be covered under the Emissions Act. I had to tell the dealer to call American hondas tech support line and file a claim for me. I think the service rep at the dealer is starting to get sick of me.

TOOO FUCCCKINNGG BAD! I want my damn bike beofre it starts freakin snowing here in Pa.

:evil:

tom

Yeah...supposedly the sensor itself is bad.

and

Yes..I did think in the beginning of this that the BAS was bad, but for something like $70bucks I was afraid that I'd be wasting my money.

and

Now I will be..only by the dealers hand.

:roll:

and the saga continues............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

No..simple to change...one plug and two bolts. i think of hand they cost about $70 from Ron ayers, but the bikes 25 miles away from my home (Wilkes-Barre,Pa.). So I figure they might as well just change it.

I tried to figure out how to jump it out in the beginning of this fe-as-co(?). I could faintly remember troubleshooting it...and I could swear that once or twice i thought that the BAS let voltage out to the ECR(engine cut relay)....then I'd check it again and there'd be none..voltage that is. I shook my head a couple of times..trying to figure out if I actually seen what I thought I saw....then I tried pulling the BAS off its mount and tipping it both ways and it'd let out the voltage opening the ECR just the way the FSM states.

I'm at work so this is going off of memory. i could be wrong as to what relay is in series with the BAS. Its either the FCR or the ECR.

Don..you can jumpin' out but, I'dnever be able to sell the bike set-up that way.

tom