CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pilot Screw Adjustment

Mikesblackbird

OK. I have the carbs off of the intake and can see the screws on the bottom. What tool do I use to adjust them? I know Pete says to remove the screws, slot them with a Dremel so in the future you can use a screwdriver, but how do I get the damn things out. I assuming at the base of the carburetor the "D" shaped screws are the adjustment screws?

As usual help is appreciated. I also plant to shim the needles in the carbs and synch them after reinstalling them. Any secrets to watch out for in ding this?

Thanks.

Mike

If you have purchased a jet kit, the adjusting tool comes with it. Otherwise its a bit of a hassle because the ends are a "D" shape and require that special adjusting tool.

Thanks for all of the help. I finished the pilot screws - 3 turns out, the carb synch (#1 and #2 were both out of sych with #3 and #4) and added the shims to the carbs. This is on top of the advance kit I added a few weeks back.

I took the bike for a short ride and what a difference. A totally different bike. No flat spots, no hesitation and very responsive.

I spent about 8 hours between yesterday and today and it's nice to see that it was well worth it. Thanks again.

Mike