CBR1100XX.org Forum

XX barends

Fonzie

Had this thread in the Pub few weeks ago. Thought I'd try here too... little different crowd.............

Looking for chrome/polished barends with "XX" engraved on them. Closest I've found so far are "CBR" ones on ebay.

I swear I saw XX ones within last year, but can't find them now when I'm ready to buy.

Little help :icon_sos::icon_wink:

Hi Fonzie,

Mike here, new to the forum, but I've been quietly observing for about a year. I might be able to make some of the bar ends, but I would need a link to the "CBR" type for a visual reference. I would also have to talk to a friend that does laser engraving. I'm not sure if he can do laser etching on curved pieces. I am leaning towards polished stainless steel. Link me and I'll see what I can find out. I wonder how many of the 40 viewers would be interested.....

-Mike

Mike........here are the ones I'm looking at. I swear I've seen "XX" ones similar to this before, but haven't come across them for some time. I asked this killerkawasaki guy if he has them or can get them, but so far he hasn't replied to me

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

• 4 weeks later...

OK.........I finally broke down & just bought the CBR ones, as I can no longer find the XX ones & am tired of waiting.

They came today. Put them on, & my question is this. They weigh quite a bit less than the stockers. Is the weight important for damping vibrations as someone told me before, or should I be alright with these???

• 2 weeks later...