CBR1100XX.org Forum

TPS failure update

shovelstrokeed

Back in the saddle again. Did 335 miles yesterday and a little over 500 today.

The bike is running better and better. Resetting the computer apparantly dumped all the long term running data and it took a couple of tanks full for the bike to re-learn my riding habits. Fuel consumption started out at around 34 mpg for the first tank but has steadily been improving. 160 miles to the warning light on the first tank, 190 miles on the last tank but this one and I'm at 150 miles with 5 bars showing which means I should be at better than 40 mpg. For reference, 20 miles into the warning light for me usually results in 5.3 gallons to top up.

It might be a good idea, if you have been running around town a bunch, to reset you computer before setting out on a long trip. Remove battery negative lead for 2 minutes and the reconnect. You should see the same thing.

BTW, I was not, by any means, just trolling along. Moving average speeds, including some heinous traffic and about 60 miles of 40 mph roads, were 76.4 mph for the entire 840 mile trip. I saw 5 over a couple of times while getting around knots of cages as well. :icon_twisted:

Ed,

It sounds as if you are having a great time on your road trip. I'm glad to hear that you got that TPS situation worked out and not only that , but have seen an improvement since.

Actually, it sparked an idea with me. Being that I just went back to the stock pipes maybe I should do the same thing and see is there's any difference.

BTW......... where the hell in the country are you now?

BTW......... where the hell in the country are you now?

Greensboro, NC for the next couple of days.

I'll leave on Friday and head down to Greenville, SC to visit an old racing buddy who manages the BMW dealer down there. Then dinner and drinks with a couple from the BMW board. If I'm still sober enough to ride, I might spend the night in Charleston, if not, I'll stay in Greenville. Either way, home on Saturday night.

Poor little fella has gotten a workout over the last couple of weeks. 3500 in ten days to NJ and back with a couple of twisty detours, 400 round trip to Titusville and back last week and this trip is gonna work out to about another 1900 or so. I may not go home at all as I have to be in Houston on Tuesday to do another install and the tastiest young lady I know lives in New Orleans. Dinner with her and her two nearly as hot sisters sounds like a good way to spend Sunday night.

I do have to take time to darn the head on my sock monkey though, must have gotten hit by a rock :icon_wink:

I do have to take time to darn the head on my sock monkey though, must have gotten hit by a rock

What kind of quality did you expect from Cracker Barrel ?

Long story involved in my acquisition of that particular sock monkey. Leave it at good friends with a sense of humor. That I rode 2500 miles in 3 days to pick it up gives it even more meaning. So far, the monkey has a bit over 80K miles riding on the back of various bikes. Possibly in honor of those here, I'll see if I can get a bustier and some fish nets on her in time for the next gathering. I think the stuff from Bratz will fit.