CBR1100XX.org Forum

Removing the wiring harness

Big-V316

Does anyone know a good way to lift out the wiring harness. I am having to redo the wiring loom fix because my mechanic didn't follow instructions even though I sent him the wiring loom fix from this site. I now need to pull out that section of the wiring harness where the loom used to be so that I can have more room to finish it properly. Does anyone have an idea as to the best way to pull it out. I have the shop manual but it does not address the harness seperatly. Any help would be great. Thanks

Hey rocketmeupto125 thanks for the help. I was able to do the repairs today and take her out for ride. So far so good. It still will want to cut out if your running at aroend 35mph and hit your horn. Other than that she ran fine. Thats not to say that tomorrow she won't shut down on me again. But for now I'm happy. Thanks again.

THere's a full harness for sale on ebay right now. $100.00. You might want to look into it. I don't remember what year bike it's for though.

Thanks for looking out for me beondwacko. My bike is a 1999. The one on ebay is for the 97-98 without FI. If you find one for mine let me know

Thanks again