CBR1100XX.org Forum

Yoshimura RS-3 can bent

jab13

I have a '99 CBR1100XX with a full Yoshimura RS-3 exhaust system. The can has some dents on the side closest to the wheel. Can just the can be replaced or is it OK to drill and pull the dents? Will this affect the performance or sound?

I have a '99 CBR1100XX with a full Yoshimura RS-3 exhaust system. The can has some dents on the side closest to the wheel. Can just the can be replaced or is it OK to drill and pull the dents? Will this affect the performance or sound?

I'm pretty sure you can drill out the rivets and disassemble the can. Then hammer out the dents from the inside of the sleeve.

i got a S/S sleeve replacement kit from yoshi, two kinds just the sleeve for 50 bucks i think or the whole kit , sleeve, rivets and bands, and the hanger for 70 bucks. real easy replacement, the yoshi plaque is included and rivets but is not installed, as it depends on which side you put it on, seem to remeber it arrived real quick as well , after they had told me it would take 4 weeks it arrived under a week.

don't like the labels anyway.....and changed to a nice S/S can.

i got a S/S sleeve replacement kit from yoshi, two kinds just the sleeve for 50 bucks i think or the whole kit , sleeve, rivets and bands, and the hanger for 70 bucks. real easy replacement, the yoshi plaque is included and rivets but is not installed, as it depends on which side you put it on, seem to remeber it arrived real quick as well , after they had told me it would take 4 weeks it arrived under a week.

don't like the labels anyway.....and changed to a nice S/S can.

Thanks, I hadn't considered taking it apart and repairing it. Also I didn't know you could buy a new skin.

Thanks, I hadn't considered taking it apart and repairing it. Also I didn't know you could buy a new skin.

makes it easy to change the look all skins fit