CBR1100XX.org Forum

HID replacement

TOXXIC

Has anyone replaced their HID bulb yet? If so, how much was it?

Reason I ask is some idiot pulled the wires out of the back of the bulb while taking off the upper. The idiot then pushed the wires back into the holes and the HID still worked. :icon_eek:

Not sure if the same idiot could take apart the bulb and solder it back together or should just buy a replacment bulb.

The idiot shall remain nameless.

Reason I ask is some idiot pulled the wires out of the back of the bulb while taking off the upper. The idiot then pushed the wires back into the holes and the HID still worked. :icon_eek:

Not sure if the same idiot could take apart the bulb and solder it back together or should just buy a replacment bulb.

hehhe !! Tim that really sucks. Beat you gave the idiot a good beat down when you discovered the mistake.

Think you can order the replacement bulbs direct from Andy like you did the whole kit. Priced right as well.

Try the soldering job but don't touch the bulb itself. good luck!

Tim,

I'd try to repair the lamp capsule first if you could. Be carefull though. The voltage going into the lamp is very high and the leads need to be very well insulated or you'll have an arcing occur. Now be honest with us, how did this happen or I should say who's to blame for this. It's OK, we won't hang them out to dry.

Adam

Tim,

I'd try to repair the lamp capsule first if you could. Be carefull though. The voltage going into the lamp is very high and the leads need to be very well insulated or you'll have an arcing occur. Now be honest with us, how did this happen or I should say who's to blame for this. It's OK, we won't hang them out to dry.

Adam

You are not paying attention Adam !!! He told you who did it !!!!

It was some nameless Idiot :-)

Since the bulb that I bought in the Group Buy lasted exactly 4,105 miles before burning out, I didn't give a moments thought to purchasing a cheap replacement from Andy. Instead, I spent the extra bucks and purchased a 4300K Philips from Xenon Depot.

Tim,

Adam

You are not paying attention Adam !!! He told you who did it !!!!

It was some nameless Idiot :-)

I was giving him the benifit of the doubt ! Ya' know we all do stupid things sometimes.