CBR1100XX.org Forum

recent tune, problems

mcoyle101

I recently put plugs in my 97' and put everything back together. From my previous bike a cbr1000r I remember that the two little hoses that connect under the tank are pretty important for running. The XX is sorta foolproof, the hoses only reach where the are supposed too. The bike took a few attempts to fire up and finally did so just like always. Sounds good, except when you take the choke from 1/4 on to off, it dies everytime, touch the throttle, it dies. The idle of the bike sounds perfect, all the plugs and wires must be on correct for it to sound like it does. However, after checking things several times I kinda felt stumped to as why it is acting like this.

Can someone please offer up any suggestions? Could water or dirt in the carbs cause this or should i be looking for more crossed hoses or a loose wire connection somewhere. Bike ran fine prior, other than a factory air filter and plugs with 13k on them.

Sorry for the book

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...