CBR1100XX.org Forum

97 fork bushings

Moriartii

Ok while I am in replacing my fork innards with my Traxxion setup I figured I would replace the bushings and sliders as well. Called University Motors and gave them part numbers for various CBR1100 fork parts.

They sent me the following:

51415-MBW-E11 Bush, slider

and

51414-MCF-003 Bush, guide.

These look nothing like the parts that came out of the forks, the are taller in heigth.

So looking at Ron Ayers to get the right parts I see

51415-MBW-003 Bush, slider

and

51414-MAT-E01 Bush, guide

NOW here is my quandery and why I think I am insane, when I click on the listed Ron Ayers parts they go over to the first set of parts I believe I received incorrectly. Incidently the first set of parts matches those for a CBR600. WTF chuck????

Am I insane? What the hell is the right parts?

Kinley

Ok while I am in replacing my fork innards with my Traxxion setup I figured I would replace the bushings and sliders as well. Called University Motors and gave them part numbers for various CBR1100 fork parts.

They sent me the following:

51415-MBW-E11 Bush, slider

and

51414-MCF-003 Bush, guide.

These look nothing like the parts that came out of the forks, the are taller in heigth.

So looking at Ron Ayers to get the right parts I see

51415-MBW-003 Bush, slider

and

51414-MAT-E01 Bush, guide

NOW here is my quandery and why I think I am insane, when I click on the listed Ron Ayers parts they go over to the first set of parts I believe I received incorrectly. Incidently the first set of parts matches those for a CBR600. WTF chuck????

Am I insane? What the hell is the right parts?

Kinley

I went to Power sports pro and they show the Ron Ayers numbers til the end. $7 and change for one part and $19 and change for the other.

Airborne, till the end of what? I dont follow your post?

Kinley

I went in there all sneaky like pretending to order them :icon_shifty:

I pulled up the microfiche and clicked add to cart. Checked the numbers in the cart and they were the same as the numbers you pulled from Ron Ayers.

Airborne, till the end of what? I dont follow your post?

Kinley

I went in there all sneaky like pretending to order them :icon_shifty:

I pulled up the microfiche and clicked add to cart. Checked the numbers in the cart and they were the same as the numbers you pulled from Ron Ayers.

Yes but the new parts in my hand dont match my old parts, no way they are going to fit??? So I am trying to ascertain which is the right part numbers; I think Ayers is fouled up but not sure.

Kinley

Guest rockmeupto125

You're not insane, they sent the wrong parts.

The 97-98 fork is internally different than the 99 and newer fork.

You have the late model bush and slider.

Good luck finding the older one. Its a lot more expensive, and I wasn't able to find it after a few phone calls to my regular suppliers a couple of weeks ago. If you order them and they are not in stock in the warehouses, see if one of the members from Canada can get them from the Canadian warehouse. Honda parts network does not share resources between the two countries.