CBR1100XX.org Forum

ECM Question

wrgoudy

One of my friends that recently aquired a 1999 XX had a failure the other day while returning from a trip, luckily only about a mile from home. He tell's me the fuel pump won't run and with a friend and my shop manual, thinks the probl;em is with the ECM. The fule pump does run when hot wired. He wanted to trade me temporarily for the ECM from my 2000, and is on the way here with his '99 ECM to cpmpare. I they appear to have the same connectors, I'll simply try hie ECM on my bike to see if it works, since I believe there is less chance of smoking mine that way.

Was wondering if anyone knows wether the ECM's are the same between those two years.

I've printed the issue with the wire loom ground issue, as I suspect that may be the problem. Interstingly I had exactly the same problem happen to me with a Triupmh T-595 while out one day, and the cure was the same - i.e. tear the ground loom apart and resolder everything together.

Thanks in advance.

Bill