CBR1100XX.org Forum

No Start

X1rider

I rode the bike for 2 miles, (then put it in the back of my truck), and then rode it up my driveway when I got home. Once I finally got the front end back together 30 days later and my left shoulder mending,:

I went to start up and the 4 year old battery expired along with the the gas fouled plugs.

I replaced the battery ($120.00) :icon_evil: and then I installed the platinum plugs I have used

in the past.

The fuel pump energizes, the start relay clicks, the motor spins over quickly. Doesn't start.

I checked all fuses, connectors and took the bank angle sensor off and moved it around right to left 60

degrees like the manual says. Re installed it and still no start.

Anyone here have a clue?

Thanks, and Happy Memorial Day.

When this happened to me, it was the vacuum hose- bad routing under the gas tank. The next time it happened, vacuum hose fell off of fuel selector. The next time it happened..... well you get the idea. If you've got fire and fuel, it's got to be something along the vacuum hose line.

(Of course, my first thought was the angle sensor, but you covered that.)

It sounds like a bank angle sensor , but the first thing you needs to check for is spark. You mentioned that the fuel pump kicks on when you turn the key to on, so fuel shouldn't be an issue. Check that spark. No alarms on the bike right? It wouldn't be a kick stand switch or a neutral switch becaue it wouldn't crank if oe of those were bad. Keep us posted.

Hmmm, 'gotta agree with Flitemdic... Got spark? If yes, vacuum lines maybe mis-attached... it's not hard to mix them up.

Vac lines would be a good place to look if the bike were carb'd, but it's not, it's FI. There is no fuel valve to play with either.

I cleaned the kick stand switch. No start. Also, the kill switch is in the RUN position.

It was running when I got it home, so it must be something I did. :icon_wall: :icon_redface: :icon_wall:

I cleaned the kick stand switch. No start. Also, the kill switch is in the RUN position.

It was running when I got it home, so it must be something I did. :icon_wall: :icon_redface: :icon_wall:

The Kickstand switch won't let it crank over I thought if the stand is down. Do you own a timing light? If you do, pull one of the side fairings off, and energize the timing light off the battery on the bike and clamp the pick up onto one of the sparkplug wires. Crank it and look for flashing. That's the easiest most non invasive method I can think of for testing for spark. It's possible that you somehow flooded it but I can't think of how.

Guest rockmeupto125

What did you do since it didn't start?

You changed the battery, and changed the plugs.

Check everything around them. The attachments, relays, and fuses around the battery, the plug wires and the coil leads under the tank.

Are both the white plastic connector that plugs in to the sending unit and the small, black connector at the left frame rail next to the + battery terminal inserted properly?