CBR1100XX.org Forum

Yet another way to skin a p.a.i.r.

sykotek-xx

Took the tank off today for a little together time and decided to axe the pair system.

Here's what I did.

1. Remove the PAIR manifolds. Also removed the hoses and the valve. One down in the pic, one to go.

IPB Image

2. Used a band saw to remove the nipples from the manifolds and the belt sander to level them out flat.

IPB Image

3. Used a propane torch and an aluminum welding/soldering rod to fill in the holes. I made sure there was a lot of surface area on the solder and also roughened the inside of the manifild a little with sandpaper.

IPB Image

4. After another trip to the belt sander to flatten out the solder in the hole, next we painted them up, all the while with the assistance of my little helper.

IPB Image

IPB Image

5. Reinstalled. Much cleaner. Runs fine, and no FI light or other bad behavior with the PAIR valve unplugged.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Another fun day in the garage.

Don't forget to pick all the debris out of your trottle bodies before you reassemble.

:icon_razz:

Funny because the kid decided to 'help' me put it back together by dropping a bolt in one. Thank god for the butterfly.

Too much work.

Cute kid you got there who's the daddy :icon_razz:

I often wonder that myself.

And it wasn't that much work, you're just jealous of my new bling.

2 rubber caps and hose clamps from auto parts store, $3. If you like it, cool.

I know, but I had no rubber caps, however I did have a torch, a bandsaw, a belt sander and some brazing sticks.

Plus with the nipples still attached, I understand that they have to be removed to take the valve cover off. The valve cover should clear the frame OK now with the modified manifolds still attached.

Plus I was bored and everyone needs a hobby.

Plus it looks cool.

Cool. Just so you know, the PAIR-ectomy gives zero perfomance improvements. The most it will do is with an aftermarket exhaust, take away the popping under decel. It's a good mod to do if you are already into the bike, but not worth doing unless you are bored. :icon_dance: :icon_wall:

Cool. Just so you know, the PAIR-ectomy gives zero perfomance improvements. The most it will do is with an aftermarket exhaust, take away the popping under decel. It's a good mod to do if you are already into the bike, but not worth doing unless you are bored. :icon_dance: :icon_wall:

No it's defeinitely faster and I'm getting 55mpg now.

Don't bring me down man. :)

I plan on getting a PCIII and a pipe sometime down the road, and with a dyno shop in town, I figured I'd get the crap out of the way so I'd get good A/F readings whenever I get there.

I plan on getting a PCIII and a pipe sometime down the road, and with a dyno shop in town, I figured I'd get the crap out of the way so I'd get good A/F readings whenever I get there.

:icon_thumbsup: