CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stands

Flitemdic

I need a quick answer if anyone knows. I have a rear Motoboss stand, and the back wheel is off the ground. I'm taking of the wheels for some work, and they will be off about a week by the time all is said and done. The wrench that I use says that for the front, a jack stand under the header will suffice to get the front off the ground. It works, but I don't know how comfortable I am leaving it up there for a week. Anyone know if this is a bad idea?

Anyone know if this is a bad idea?

YES. Jeez, get a front stand. At least one that holds from under the forks.

What you can do is put it on the centerstand. Take the rear wheel off, then tilt it back a bit, put a jack or a block of wood under the oil pan and take the fron wheel off. Keeping it on the centerstand and jack. Not as stable as on correct stand but it works.

Get a stand, Duane. I love my cheapo Targa stand. I think it was around $70. Adjustable width and sturdy as hell :icon_wink:

IPB Image

I figured that might be the case. It didn't look right. Can you still get the front wheel off with that stand? The Pit bull I looked at didn't seem to have that capability. Bob- I don't have a center stand, had to take it off when the 4-1 was put on, it never sat right after that, and I never got around to adding that stand stop, and haven't really needed to until now, but thanks for the info, I may put it back on and do it your way if the front stand doesn't work out.