CBR1100XX.org Forum

Cruiser Tire question?

redxxrdr

Wife rides my 87 Magna. We need a new front tire before Deals Gap.

Origional size is 100/90/19. SW Moto has a 110/80/19 Pilot road. I think this will be slightly wider, and a little lower in profile. I see no problem fitting between the forks.

Can you think of any down side or suggestions for a better tire?

She uses up all the front, and most of the rear on the twistys. Also commutes 160 miles a day.

Thanks,

Craig

Wife rides my 87 Magna. We need a new front tire before Deals Gap.

Origional size is 100/90/19. SW Moto has a 110/80/19 Pilot road. I think this will be slightly wider, and a little lower in profile. I see no problem fitting between the forks.

Can you think of any down side or suggestions for a better tire?

She uses up all the front, and most of the rear on the twistys. Also commutes 160 miles a day.

Thanks,

Craig

The 100/90 will have a 90mm sidewall height while the 110/80 will have an 88mm sidewall height, in addition to a wider profile. It may make the bike steer a RCH slower, but close enough is good enough when it comes to old POS bikes like that, right? :icon_pray:

There's a really great forum for the 80's V4 bikes (Magna, Sabres, Interceptors) here http://www.v4hondabbs.com/

If you post your question there I'm sure you'll have an answer shorty. There's some really helpful people on that board.

Sorry I don't know the answer myself.

I've had Dunlop, Metzler and Avons on my 87' and I think the Metzler ME880 is the hands down winner. The Avon has a cooler looking tred pattern and mounted the Avon looks wider on the rear ( I guess thats cool?) but for performance I really would suggest the ME880 in the stock sizes. They wear pretty well but more importantly at the Gap is they are really predictable and corner very very well. If you have not used the Metzler ME880's before on the Super Magna you are missing out. When compared to the factory Dunlops there is no comparison the Metz are literally a 150% better tire in every way over the Dunlops. I dont know if you know about www.supermagna.com but they have a great discussion board the guys over on the supermagna.com board are really good guys and can answer any question you would have about your super magna. Also they have some really nice bikes i post on the supermagna board as KCSuper so check it out!

The picture below is a picture with the Metzler tires mounted you can see the sidewalls pretty well. The rear shocks have been relaced with some from a VTX1300

post-2285-1146174261_thumb.jpg

post-2285-1146174514_thumb.jpg