CBR1100XX.org Forum

Chain Question

JB4XX

Looking online for a chain. Ran across the EK 530 SRO. I searched on here and did not find anything on this chain which lead me to believe it might not be for the XX. Anyone heard or used this chain?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item....=660&Division=6

530 x 120 $77.99 :icon_think:

Looking online for a chain. Ran across the EK 530 SRO. I searched on here and did not find anything on this chain which lead me to believe it might not be for the XX. Anyone heard or used this chain?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item....=660&Division=6

530 x 120 $77.99 :icon_think:

Wrong chain, you need the ZZZ.

EK

Thanks! Only done one chain before... :icon_whistle:

One more question, I have about 20k on my chain now. Should I just replace it due to miles? It hasnt stretched and is still in the "green" zone.

Guest rockmeupto125

That's a tuffy....cuz I'm cheap. But unless you have a oiler, religiously oil that chain every 200 miles, burn incense to its well-being on a nightly basis, or have some profound reason to think it should last longer than any other chain, I'd replace it now before the riding season really hits. I know there's folks out there with 30k on the chain.....but 15-20k seems to be the standard wear interval.

Guest rockmeupto125

:icon_think:

I have a 16t front I have never used; the stock rear looks great besides being dirty.

The rears last a good long time. But definately plan to at least inspect the front for wear.

Hey Josh,

Interesting observation when I replaced my front sprocket...the thing had significant wear on the inside splines. The new one was nice and tight. The old one wobbled on the shaft.

fwiw....

:icon_eek:

I swapped the 17 out for the 16t I had in the garage today. The 17 was not stock because it was all steel. It showed some signs of wear as it had been in there for approx 30k. I'll play this spring with the 16t and pick up a stocker or 18t for the longer trips this year.

I still need to pick up a chain. The prices on the Parts411 site look pretty good. I have the EK 530 XVM right now. I might buy one in time to play Monster Garage at RedNeXXt.

Hmmm...They make the 530 XVM in RED...

:icon_think: