CBR1100XX.org Forum

DID 'S-Bright' ???? WTF???

CBRFanatic

UPS guy just dropped off the chain & sprockets I ordered from sprocketcenter.com. Woohoo! right? Not so fast...

Even though I ordered the 'AFAM 530ZVM2 Gold Chain Kit', the chain that came today is a DID 530ZVM2 'S-Bright'. WTF???? So I open the box to check it out and sure enough, it's not 'gold'. It is however, a nice and shiny 530ZVM2 chain.

Looking at kneedraggers.com they have two 530ZVM2 chains listed, a gold and a silver with the silver being $20 cheaper. They are the only site I could find that even gave you a choice of color, all the others list only the 'gold".

Personally, I couldn't care less about the color of the chain, I just don't want to be paying 'extra' for something I didn't get. What do you guys think?

Chuck

UPS guy just dropped off the chain & sprockets I ordered from sprocketcenter.com. Woohoo! right? Not so fast...

Even though I ordered the 'AFAM 530ZVM2 Gold Chain Kit', the chain that came today is a DID 530ZVM2 'S-Bright'. WTF???? So I open the box to check it out and sure enough, it's not 'gold'. It is however, a nice and shiny 530ZVM2 chain.

Looking at kneedraggers.com they have two 530ZVM2 chains listed, a gold and a silver with the silver being $20 cheaper. They are the only site I could find that even gave you a choice of color, all the others list only the 'gold".

Personally, I couldn't care less about the color of the chain, I just don't want to be paying 'extra' for something I didn't get. What do you guys think?

Chuck

I emailed Brian at sprocketcenter about this and here is his reply:

--------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry for the mis-packaged chain.

The Nickel plated chain is brand new from D.I.D. and actually sells for $15-20 more than the gold version.

D.I.D. used to make that chain in grey for $20 cheaper and that's probably what the guys on the internet are thinking it is. I am currently back ordered on the gold but I should have more in a week or two. Since we are out of the gold, you received the nickel for the same price.

Brian Lewis

Sprocket Center"

I can't seem to find any information (using google) regarding a nickel plated DID chain, but that would be expected since the product is new, right? Anyone here have any information regarding this new DID Chain?

It looks like I actually got a good deal regarding the substitution and I was extremely impressed by the speed of his response to my email. Looks like they'll have me as a return customer.

Chuck

I emailed Brian at sprocketcenter about this and here is his reply:

"Sorry for the mis-packaged chain.

The Nickel plated chain is brand new from D.I.D. and actually sells for $15-20 more than the gold version.

D.I.D. used to make that chain in grey for $20 cheaper and that's probably what the guys on the internet are thinking it is. I am currently back ordered on the gold but I should have more in a week or two. Since we are out of the gold, you received the nickel for the same price.

Brian Lewis

Sprocket Center"

I can't seem to find any information (using google) regarding a nickel plated DID chain, but that would be expected since the product is new, right? Anyone here have any information regarding this new DID Chain?

It looks like I actually got a good deal regarding the substitution and I was extremely impressed by the speed of his response to my email. Looks like they'll have me as a return customer.

Chuck

:icon_needpics:

Chuck: I got the same set as you yesterday. Brian told me that they didn't have the gold one until the next 3 weeks but he had the nickel colored one which was the newer and stronger one but was 10.00 more so I took his word for it and just bought it.

You are lucky to get it at the same price - now I feel ripped off as he charged me 10.00 more :-(

How many links is the chain? I couldn't seem to find your kit on sprocketcenter.com...

Stock XX has 110 links, I believe. Does 110 include the master link?

110 is correct and it did come with the master link...

From sprocketcenter.com:

A10A1102

AFAM/D.I.D. 530ZVM Gold Chain Kit - CBR 1100XX 97-04

AFAM Steel sprockets- D.I.D. 530ZVM Gold X'ring chain- Rivet style master link

More Info

$199.00

Your choice of 17/45 or 16/45 gearing.

Chuck: I got the same set as you yesterday. Brian told me that they didn't have the gold one until the next 3 weeks but he had the nickel colored one which was the newer and stronger one but was 10.00 more so I took his word for it and just bought it.

You are lucky to get it at the same price - now I feel ripped off as he charged me 10.00 more :-(

At first I was worried I got a lesser quality chain by mistake, but now I feel I got a pretty good deal for a change - proof that the sun does shine on a dogs ass every now and again...

Chuck

I think you should get $20 off your next order...Silver or gold is all good... I got a Regina chain kit (Gold) for $180 from Parts411.com. 530ZRP/110 What did your cost???

110 is correct and it did come with the master link...

From sprocketcenter.com:

A10A1102

AFAM/D.I.D. 530ZVM Gold Chain Kit - CBR 1100XX 97-04

AFAM Steel sprockets- D.I.D. 530ZVM Gold X'ring chain- Rivet style master link

More Info

$199.00

Your choice of 17/45 or 16/45 gearing.

Thanks, Chuck, for the info. Does "110" counts include the master link or is

it 110+1?

Thanks again.

Thanks, Chuck, for the info. Does "110" counts include the master link or is

it 110+1?

Thanks again.

I haven't actually counted them, but I always assumed that the "110" is the final link count after the chain is connected.