CBR1100XX.org Forum

Headlight strobe LED

PlasticxxHead

DO IT.

I like Tim's strobes on his Bird at hookers last year :icon_razz:

$60 sounds good. Link?

Yeah but I think Mikey's are incadescent bulbs not LEDS...

I'd like to be able to mount these in the turn signals, in the mirrors.. but still be able to keep the turn signals.. That way i can keep my headlight steady on and still draw attention ..

EGAY LINK

Yeah but I think Mikey's are incadescent bulbs not LEDS...

I'd like to be able to mount these in the turn signals, in the mirrors.. but still be able to keep the turn signals.. That way i can keep my headlight steady on and still draw attention ..

EGAY LINK

Nope, Mikey's are full blown strobe tubes in addition to the regular bulbs. Don't you remember his light show in 04?

Real strobe packs will draw alot of power....

It's only a 20watt strobe pack. It should only draw 1.6amps vs. a standard 55watt low beam which draws 4.6amps. I know some of the large 8 bulb strobe packs can draw over 40 amps this setup would work fine on a bike.

Yah, mine are the hide-away strobes. 60 Watts. 1 in the front (yellow), 1 in the back (yellow). Had white but I didn't want to blatently obvouse. The power supply isn't too bad, just don't turn your bike off when they are going off. It'll suck the battery dry in about 10 minutes. If the bikes idling, it's been fine. I've had it going for a few accidents and for a whole day when I lead on a bike (pedal) race. The cops thought it was cool, they could see me just as I crested hills WAAAAY off in the distance.

Kuryakyn: makes an led controller I used for my led accent lights. Has a steady on and a variable flash mode.. I was thinking of wiring up some 1157 bulbs to my turn signals to make them flash when I need them..

Should be under $50 for the whole set-up...

What bulbs are in our turn signals now?? 1035? 1157? I can't remember..