CBR1100XX.org Forum

IR Tool Parts Help

Northman

Well, since Joe got the help he needed with his Snap-On dilemna, I have one of my own.

I own 2 Ingersoll-Rand 2131 Composite 1/2" impact guns. One of them broke the anvil (part of gun that protrudes from the front).

My Snap-On dealer has taken almost 2 months to find a replacement part, and tried to sell me one that didn't fit (told me he went by the information I gave him, and likely can't return it - total bs, btw. All I did was give him the model # :icon_rolleyes: ).

Anyway, does anyone have a source for the part direct? It's an early model (both them are), and parts are interchangeable. Bought both guns in 95 or 96, IIRC.

Guest rockmeupto125

I'll check with the IR guys here in town. Should be able to come up with at least a yes/no by Monday.

For those of you that haven't been here, the Ingersoll plant is half a mile from my house. Unfortunately, you can buy cheaper on Ebay than you can at the company store, and employees only get cost price on two items per year. Wish I'd picked up more stuff before that dried up.

i'll check my junk drawer, chris. i had one of those and dropped it and broke the case. the gun worked good so the guts were fine. i'm pretty sure i kept the parts just in case (re: packrat). its yours if i still have it, i may have to look at work monday.

i'll check my junk drawer, chris. i had one of those and dropped it and broke the case. the gun worked good so the guts were fine. i'm pretty sure i kept the parts just in case (re: packrat). its yours if i still have it, i may have to look at work monday.

I'd be grateful! :icon_suck:

i'm not going to ozarxx. just rednexxt and wixxt. we can either hook up in chicago or i could get it to tim, i'm sure you'll be seeing him. or i could send it to you if you want it quicker. lemme know.

i'm not going to ozarxx. just rednexxt and wixxt. we can either hook up in chicago or i could get it to tim, i'm sure you'll be seeing him. or i could send it to you if you want it quicker. lemme know.

If I make it to Rednexxt I can pick it up and give it to Chris when he comes down for OzarXX if you guys havent worked something else out by then.